Friday afternoon music

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I rarely listen to my old punk stuff but this song came up and the drums have been stuck in my head. Just the speed and beat are great! Simplicity at its best.

Definitely a fan

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

simps80

Rising Sun Member
People have seen some shit
Older I get the more I learn grace is a gift you give yourself more than others

I've been so many places in my life and time
I've sung a lot of songs
I've made some bad rhymes
I've acted out my life in stages

I love you for my life
You're a friend of mine
And when my life is over
Remember when we were together

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru

Body bags and dropping bombs
The Pentagon knows how to turn us on

Are you ready for the great atomic power?
Will you rise and meet your saviour in the air?
Will you shout or will you cry when the fire comes from on high?
Are you ready for the great atomic power?

Lots of bands have covered the Louvin Brothers. One interesting was when Southern Culture on the Skids would, as they did occasionally.

Last edited:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Tenacious D is so damn good.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I known it’s not Friday but I heard this band for the first time last night and this album is blowing me away. They were from the Dc area in the late 80s, and when I sent this song to my best musical friend she said “it’s like a DC hardcore band fronted by a raspy Michael Stipe traded in their Marshall amps for chimey Fenders.” For fans of Replacements, Fugazi, Rites of Spring, Embrace.

This came about because there’s a 2-day show in LA I just heard about with several of my favorite bands. Hated is on the bill so I checked them out. The show is the record label Numero’s 20th anniversary party.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
FmeK7e8WAAAE_Iu-1673876226-1000x1287.jpeg

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Really great poster - very late 80s/early 90s, as is appropriate. Is this part of the dates they're doing after the Numero event? And have you seen that lineup?!
I can't claim to know much about them. Why does every emo band get collared with "kind of like Fugazi" though?

BTW, the show you're referring?

Codeine, of course, though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eefmz6QEVaM

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I can't claim to know much about them. Why does every emo band get collared with "kind of like Fugazi" though?

BTW, the show you're referring?

Codeine, of course, though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eefmz6QEVaM

I mean Fugazi is thee DC band and often times throwing that out might put somebody who doesn’t know the rest of the 80s DC scene in the ballpark. Same as if somebody only a little familiar with Denver asks me where I live - I don’t say Cole or even Five Points. I say “downtown”. Quick way to get them in the general area.

And yeah … I’m really contemplating flying to LA for this show if for no other reason than to see Codeine. That’s been a lifelong dream of mine for decades. In fact, when I very first met my now-partner Karen we were talking about music and we figured out that both of us were huge into Codeine. It was part of what sealed the deal haha. Karate is also a big one for me. Unwound too. And now the Hated.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
LOL, I think of Bad Brains and Minor Threat. I can't claim to be a Codeine fan. I reflexively reach for the 45 switch on my 'table when I hear them. It's not that it's down beat and shoegazing, but it just sounds like the track from a dream scene to me.