2nd Annual Red Cone Night Run. Friday July 28th, 2023.

hitchhiker

Rising Sun Member
I’m In!!

Bucket

New-ish
Is a mostly stock (with lockers, front bumper, winch, and sliders) 80 welcome on this run?

The truck has a good set of Rigid fog lights installed after this photo and I’m an experienced driver. I used to wheel a ‘99 Jeep TJ in Tahoe and I attended Rubithon with the Mog Crew a few years in a row back in 2007-2010. I finally bought a Cruiser so I can join the TLCA for real instead of crashing TLCA events in a Jeep.

IMG_7930.jpeg

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Is a mostly stock (with lockers, front bumper, winch, and sliders) 80 welcome on this run?

The truck has a good set of Rigid fog lights installed after this photo and I’m an experienced driver. I used to wheel a ‘99 Jeep TJ in Tahoe and I attended Rubithon with the Mog Crew a few years in a row back in 2007-2010. I finally bought a Cruiser so I can join the TLCA for real instead of crashing TLCA events in a Jeep.

View attachment 118046
You should be fine and dandy.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Ok, a little update on this.

After wheeling hard and fast for 4 days straight on the Ghost Town Run, some issues have arisen with the truck.
Before this Friday, I’m going to need to get the front drive shaft rebuilt, take out and disassemble and repair my driver side head light, and replace the front wheel bearings.
Im going to try really hard to make sure this all gets done by Friday, but no promises. If I can’t, then I’m going to have to cancel last minute.

Also, if everything works out and we’re still able to do this, I’ll be changing my route plans.
Im going to bail out at Montazuma and go home via 70. I really don’t feel like being out there till 2AM again this year. Just too tired after the GTR.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Ok, a little update on this.

After wheeling hard and fast for 4 days straight on the Ghost Town Run, some issues have arisen with the truck.
Before this Friday, I’m going to need to get the front drive shaft rebuilt, take out and disassemble and repair my driver side head light, and replace the front wheel bearings.
Im going to try really hard to make sure this all gets done by Friday, but no promises. If I can’t, then I’m going to have to cancel last minute.

Also, if everything works out and we’re still able to do this, I’ll be changing my route plans.
Im going to bail out at Montazuma and go home via 70. I really don’t feel like being out there till 2AM again this year. Just too tired after the GTR.
I was not sure if I was going to go, but now you have the passenger seat. I'll even let you drive some

CoMtnGoat

Rock Stacker
I'm down. Gotta confirm a few things but I've run the trail a few times but never for sunset... It'd be amazing!

I'll bail to Keystone after Red Cone though.

Last edited:

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
So turned out that the terrible racket I was hearing, that I thought was my wheel bearing screaming it’s death song, was actually an over enthusiastic squealer tab on my brake pad. 🤦🏻‍♂️ wow. I completely missed that one. The wheel bearings are fine.
Anyways… The head light is fixed, the drive shaft should be done tomorrow, and the new brake pads are in. And I have some very expensive new spare wheel bearings.
So we should be all good to go.
I’ll see you guys at the trail head on Friday.
We’re rolling out at 7 sharp.

Last edited:

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
I was not sure if I was going to go, but now you have the passenger seat. I'll even let you drive some
Thanks, buddy! I appreciate that. I think I’m all set now. But you should still come along anyways.

hitchhiker

Rising Sun Member
What are the coordinates for the meetup? Can’t find them on Google maps.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Life's been a little crazy. I never got my replacement switch pro wired up. Without lights, I'm out. 😢

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Bucket

New-ish
With everything that took up my attention, this really snuck up on me...
You're not comfortable wheeling with your headlights? We're not desert racing and unless you're in front you'll have the benefit of truck lights ahead of you to show obstacles.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
You're not comfortable wheeling with your headlights? We're not desert racing and unless you're in front you'll have the benefit of truck lights ahead of you to show obstacles.
Now knowing it's earlier and lighter out does help. But it's more along the lines of I didn't realize it was today, I thought I had some time left. & I hadn't planned on being gone this evening. 😕🥺

CoMtnGoat

Rock Stacker
Are we meeting at the trail split (red cone/Webster/handcart) or right off 285?

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee