Friday afternoon music

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
We had a roommate in college who was from Virginia and used to bring us soundboard tapes of DMB playing at all the local SE clubs. This was within the year of them releasing Remember Two Things. They were definitely booking shows with the hippie/jam crowd even though Dave would say he didn't consider them a jam band in any way.

I still have this Tshirt from Super Jam festival in Athens GA - I think it was 1993 or 94. DMB stuffed in the middle of an impressive lineup, but was relegated to "opening" for Allgood Music Co and WSP in those days. A lot changed for them quickly...

Attachments

• 37953_443019838965_3458609_n.jpg
    37953_443019838965_3458609_n.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 239

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Kirsten and I saw Dawes at The Mishawaka last summer with maybe 150 other people there. That was a really awesome show and we didn't expect it. We saw them because Lucero was sold out when I went to buy tickets. Bought the Dawes record on the spot, though.

That's a really good song. I will check them out.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
If you have time, video of their final show. If you look carefully you'll see 3 drunk idiots on the left wing yelling at them coming on and off (the green room was stage right). God that place was so loud and especially that night. I still have the concert poster I liberated, framed on the wall now.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
If you have time, video of their final show. If you look carefully you'll see 3 drunk idiots on the left wing yelling at them coming on and off (the green room was stage right). God that place was so loud and especially that night. I still have the concert poster I liberated, framed on the wall now.

One of my first dates with my wife was their last show in Chicago. This is a great recording. They were amazing. Too bad it didn't last.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Did you know it was their last show? I didn't know the show I saw a week earlier would be their swan song in Chicago.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member

Wow - amazing that was recorded, and with such good quality sound. So cool. Kinda an interesting last song choice - you wonder if that was chosen to signal the end.

To me, Tweedy looks like he's having a blast - maybe some "supplements" to help the mood. Jay just looks like most of his song lyrics...

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Bonus non-Friday song just 'cause.

"Halloween"
Siouxsie And The Banshees
Originally appeared on Juju

This performance is from the German TV show "Rockpalast", recorded July 19, 1981, at the Sartory-Festsaal in Cologne. John McGeoch is the guitarist with the band at this point.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru

Not sure why been this has been in my head all day. I have You Are Free on vinyl that doesn't sound all that great but listening to the CD version I think it's the recording.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yesterday was the release for Jeff Tweedy's memoir. I'm already nearly halfway through it. Great stuff.

Attachments

• JeffTweedyBook.jpeg
    JeffTweedyBook.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 193

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I watched Full Metal Jacket again the other day, this is what plays over the credits at the end and reminded me that this is a pretty dang good song.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Also, how could I forget? As if you needed another reason to like "Paint It Black", face to face covers it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
FJ60 at 28 seconds in that video ;-)

Not sure why been this has been in my head all day. I have You Are Free on vinyl that doesn't sound all that great but listening to the CD version I think it's the recording.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
For the kids working diligently behind the scenes on forum software!

Bob Dylan
"Things Have Changed"
Wonder Boys (Music from the Motion Picture)

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
For the kids working diligently behind the scenes on forum software!

Bob Dylan
"Things Have Changed"
Wonder Boys (Music from the Motion Picture)

:lmao::lmao::lmao: