Friday afternoon music

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I've never been the biggest Wall of Voodoo & Stan Ridgway fan, not bad, not great. I rather like their cover of "Ring of Fire" but otherwise kind of bland. Call me more of a DEVO or maybe Gary Numan or Pete Shelley (Buzzcocks, hell yeah) kind of person I guess. But Wall of Voodo or Oingo Boingo? I dunno, probably WoV.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
You like?
Can't say I really like electronic music like that and so it's probably more of a "not bad" for me. Kirsten liked the album a lot, though. I picked it up after getting Hot Chip "In Our Heads" as a record of the month, which Kirsten also really enjoyed. Honestly, I wouldn't give EDM or even most electronica much listen until we watched a documentary called "Helvetica". The soundtrack from that had a bunch of it, Four Tet, Caribou, Motohiro Nakashima, El Ten Eleven, Sam Prekop, etc. I obsessed over getting all the albums with those songs and was able to get about 90% of the music.

YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL097CE0E89009E2CE

Still can't say it's the first thing I put on the hi-fi, but now I'll listen to it and some of it I actually do like a lot.

PabloCruise

Hard Core 4+
Can't say I really like electronic music like that and so it's probably more of a "not bad" for me. Kirsten liked the album a lot, though. I picked it up after getting Hot Chip "In Our Heads" as a record of the month, which Kirsten also really enjoyed. Honestly, I wouldn't give EDM or even most electronica much listen until we watched a documentary called "Helvetica". The soundtrack from that had a bunch of it, Four Tet, Caribou, Motohiro Nakashima, El Ten Eleven, Sam Prekop, etc. I obsessed over getting all the albums with those songs and was able to get about 90% of the music.

YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL097CE0E89009E2CE

Still can't say it's the first thing I put on the hi-fi, but now I'll listen to it and some of it I actually do like a lot.

Cool playlist!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Whut's EDM? I mean besides a machining method.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Crash

Rising Sun Member
"Sometimes you write the song, sometimes the song writes you." Guy was an American Master. RIP