Friday afternoon music

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Doesn't look like we ever paid tribute to Merle when he passed (he died on his birthday).

That ain't right...
I played a bit of Merle that day.

12970940_10208022400270021_2169323943831148275_o.jpg

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Matt(s), I thought you'd appreciate this.

They weren't fascinating interview subjects, were they? It was interesting to see this early interview, before Jay started disliking everything Jeff said.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
They weren't fascinating interview subjects, were they? It was interesting to see this early interview, before Jay started disliking everything Jeff said.
Yeah, not a lot of us were exactly well spoken and worldly at 22 years old, eh?

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Cool - thanks Dave. I missed your post the first time through. That was an awkward interview. Farrar said nothing, and Tweedy said some rambling stuff and shrugged a lot. Good thing their mullet-laden drummer could talk for the guys.

That was fun to watch. Sam always asks me "Dad are you going to play that graveyard song?"

PabloCruise

Hard Core 4+
Really cool when you re-discover an album you really like!

I dig the entire album/disc: Spy - Music to Mauzner By.

Every track has a solid groove. If I had to pick one song I guess I would go with The Wanderer, but it is hard to find on YouTube. It seems like the band name changed from Spy to J. Ralph. I could find this track "Baby"

Anyway, perhaps someone will enjoy:

PabloCruise

Hard Core 4+
really Cool When You Re-discover An Album You Really Like!

I Dig The Entire Album/disc: Spy - Music To Mauzner By.

Every Track Has A Solid Groove. If I Had To Pick One Song I Guess I Would Go With The Wanderer, But It Is Hard To Find On Youtube. It Seems Like The Band Name Changed From Spy To J. Ralph. I Could Find This Track "baby"

Anyway, Perhaps Someone Will Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57D90738FC8E578A

Last edited by a moderator:
Started off this morning by reliving a little bit of last night's show at Red Rocks:

Trampled by Turtles did a nice cover of "The Weight" in their encore last night which has led me back into listening to stuff by The Band this morning, as well.

Probably going to get a little weird this afternoon with the Chris Robinson Brotherhood (playing RR on 9/16, by the way). For those who may recognize the name/voice, Chris was the lead singer of the now defunct Black Crowes:

Need a little pick me up to carry me through the end of the day: