• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Snow and Burrito Run Sun. Jan. 31st, 2021 Yankee Hill

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
All I got from this is a personal note that I need to educate myself more on radio communication.
Perhaps not to foul up the thread, happy to discuss why and how in the radio subsection.

Suffice to say VHF FM channelization has been touched upon here:

Workinonit

Rock Stacker
I am interested in this run. No chains but winch and bag full of recovery gear if we need it. First snow winter run for me.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
I'm a definite now. Rachel is also going to join us in her Taco. See you Sunday morning!

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member

dehru

Wincher
Newbie question. I'm interested in this event. Is it cool to bring kids / kid friendly? I've got a teen and a pre-teen that need to get outa the house and off their devices.

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Newbie question. I'm interested in this event. Is it cool to bring kids / kid friendly? I've got a teen and a pre-teen that need to get outa the house and off their devices.
absolutely. and friendly dogs are always welcome also. I'm planning on my 15yo doing most of the driving... :)

dehru

Wincher
Thanks nakman. It's good training and much safer before they have to face near-death experiences on I-70! :eek:

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Hello all, Yes I am still alive.... Been hyper focused on my house for awhile but this is a great time to get the Yoda out for some fun beside Bunce school.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
If I come I'll bring my 1.5 year old husky with the same goals in mind!
Please do. Mine is just a little over 2. I have taken him skiing 4 days in a row and he is still ready for action. He is only 50lbs so I sure your Husky can toss him around.

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
Planning on making this. Has always been super fun!

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
Please someone else bring a dog to smack mine around. He seems to have unlimited energy these days and could use a good beat down.
I will have my 2 1/2 year old dog as well, he loves to play with others. Should be entertaining with all these dogs.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Glad to hear many of the old time veterans are showing up again. Even Tim, Hants, Dan R., Dave and Rachel can make it. Just like old times(y) I will have my girlfriend and her dog with me.

My younger daughter will be riding along with her boyfriend in his 98' Tacoma. They will also have their wheelin' friend in a Jeep join us. They are seniors at Lakewood HS and have been getting out quite a bit doing what they can with their vehicles and with what tires and mods they can afford. They have good attitudes and are up for leaning more. They have been going to Yankee recently but haven't really been able to get up the ice hill from the middle parking lot.

I'll pass out burritos in the morning. Hopefully Tim will have a large burrito warmer and can help pass out more throughout the day. Could probably use a few solid guys with good radios spread out in the middle of the group that can assist their local group and maintain communication with me at the front. I expect we will get spread out again. And unlike other trails. Splitting off on side trails and breaking from the group is always an option and long as you are with someone with a good radio and knows the area.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
won't make it. i'll be out of town this weekend