• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Snow and Burrito Run Sun. Jan. 31st, 2021 Yankee Hill

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Would someone want to bring a meter to tune my cb antenna tomorrow? That's assuming it does take long with a tunable tip antenna.

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
Would someone want to bring a meter to tune my cb antenna tomorrow? That's assuming it does take long with a tunable tip antenna.
I've got mine already in the cruiser. I'm going to tune mine before we get rolling. I moved it the other day so want to make sure it all good. You are welcome to use it.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Based on the conditions the ice could be a serious consideration. Especially on the hill above the middle parking lot. Coming down down that spot last year was a bit of an uncontrolled slide .

Hahahah boy is that an understatement. Thank goodness for the ruts! I don't remember if it was last year or the year before when Taco Dan came sliding back down that hill backwards fast with all 4 wheels locked and not turning. As I recall we chose a different route up that hill, a left turn into deeper but better traction snow? I remember coming down that glassy ice and keeping it in gear so my wheels were turning to have some semblance of control but accelerating way faster than I would have liked like a bobsled.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Yeah I just made the turnoff for central parkway. It's been a parking lot on 70 since georgetown

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
You've got some more arriving any minute. More traffic hassles...

dehru

Wincher
One of the new guys here. Thanks for having me and my son along. I was in the white taco. Everyone was super helpful.

I do have to give a shout out to one person in particular who snatched me out of a snow drift near the top. I made a newbie mistake and handed him a static recovery rope instead of a kinetic recovery rope, which did some damage to his bumper when he snatched me out.

I OWE YOU a big thanks, a big apology, and either some time and/or $ to repair that front bumper damage.

I found a picture that I believe is the guy...I'm pretty sure he's a regular because he was helping everyone throughout the day, especially on that first hill.
IMG_3602.jpg

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Check out the event and trip report section for the convo and photos. I believe it is labeled burrito and snow run.

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
One of the new guys here. Thanks for having me and my son along. I was in the white taco. Everyone was super helpful.

I do have to give a shout out to one person in particular who snatched me out of a snow drift near the top. I made a newbie mistake and handed him a static recovery rope instead of a kinetic recovery rope, which did some damage to his bumper when he snatched me out.

I OWE YOU a big thanks, a big apology, and either some time and/or $ to repair that front bumper damage.

I found a picture that I believe is the guy...I'm pretty sure he's a regular because he was helping everyone throughout the day, especially on that first hill.View attachment 92268
Yep that’s me’ I will have to look into what if any damage is done. May be a few days before I can get to it. But Thank you for posting up. If something serious happened we’ll figure it out. In the future you may want a real recovery strap. Buy the way no hard feelings, and glad you came out and had a good time. Dan

dehru

Wincher
@FJCDan - Yep, i just ordered a bubba kinetic rope and a couple of those nifty soft shackles you had. Keep me updates once you find out what happened. It's all a good learning experience anyway.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Glad to hear guys connected. Use use the trip report thread though.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Cross post:

So, it looks like I'm missing four handheld FRS radios. I've heard from @KC Masterpiece and @denvermike, but I'm not sure where the other two radios went. I think @Hulk might have one.

If whoever has them could reach out to me via DM here on the forum, or you can text/email me (contact info is listed on the radio), that would be awesome!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Cross post:

So, it looks like I'm missing four handheld FRS radios. I've heard from @KC Masterpiece and @denvermike, but I'm not sure where the other two radios went. I think @Hulk might have one.

If whoever has them could reach out to me via DM here on the forum, or you can text/email me (contact info is listed on the radio), that would be awesome!

Ryland, I have 2 of your FRS radios.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
was that a lot of sliding backwards in the video?

subzali

Hard Core 4+

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee