Noobs Run July 10th

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Also, in his GX460 he installed the crawl control module and switches I believe. would be nice to chat about that... I know you mentioned whiz bang buttons. Discussion of airing down, would be nice too. Maybe how to pick lines on obstacles, etc. trail etiquette also. that's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Sounds great. Id love to have you chime in with that big damn brain of yours!

Last edited:

Chamby

Brand New
Hi All,

It’s time for another noobs run on Slaughterhouse Gulch

Since it’s closed until June 15th and my June is slaaaaaamed...

HAM 147.420
CB 17
Meetup - 8:30am -Loaf n Jug - 173 Bulldogger Rd, Bailey, CO 80421
Airing back up by 3:30p

days agenda - Airdown: 9:00am at the trail head.

-intro to driving and 4 wheeling - maps/TREAD
-basic mechanicals and vehicle 360
-intro to hilift
-intro to the wiz bang buttons
-driving/coaching MTS/Atrac/lockers

This will be a fairly long and slow going day. Bring lunch, snacks, and a camp chair.

Bring rain gear just in case.

Bring out your gear and let’s talk about it.

Stock rigs are welcome

Feel free to post up anything you’d like to discuss on Saturday.

If you’re interested in learning more about Tread Lightly, they have a free 45min online course that is super informative.

On my calendar! Always things to learn about driving the 4runner!

jessejames1311

Brand New
Will I be able to get through the course with predator tube steps just got the truck and I'm trying to replace them as soon as possible

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Will I be able to get through the course with predator tube steps just got the truck and I'm trying to replace them as soon as possible
sure, but a step or two might / could get ripped off.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Lisa and I will be there.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
And would anyone be willing to fill my air up and help me air down. Slowly starting to buy things but don't wanna break the bank right away.

You bet!

On the tube steps. We can get you through without damage (aside from maybe a scratch), there will only be one tricky spot.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Father in law is coming to round out a solid family outing!!! He’s in a late model runner.

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Jackson, do you have room for one more? I was gonna do the BOWAGWD but now I can't. I'd like to jump in here if so. Thanks

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Jackson, do you have room for one more? I was gonna do the BOWAGWD but now I can't. I'd like to jump in here if so. Thanks

You bet.

MATPHAT

Lifted
Was tossed up between this and BOWAGWD, but because it's looking like rain down there today I think I'll hold out for this one. Also, my noob self needs more education.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Ok gang. I’m going to say let’s cut it off here. If there’s enough interest we can have another one later in the year. We’ll be making several stops along the trail. With more than 12-13 trucks, it gets tough to not block the trail.

I’ll create a list of who is committed this weekend. The worst case is potentially we have some folks ride passenger. And really it’s not 100% necessary to drive, but will be helpful.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Lisa and I and a total noob that I’ve been trying to get to come out forever is coming too

Last edited:

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We'll be there with one truck, two humans, and a pup. We've got an extra seat in the back if anyone wants to tag along.

Last edited:

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
I've got a friend who's new to wheeling and wanted to attend this trip. I was going to go just so he'd know someone (and it's fun).