Drive Like a Girl: Driver Skill Set Day Slaughterhouse Gulch 06/04

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
This is very much modeled after Noobs run but for the ladies!

Meetup - 8:00 am -Loaf n Jug - 173 Bulldogger Rd, Bailey, CO 80421

Airing down- 8:30am at the trail head.

With this being Sunday we don't want to eat up the whole day but be prepared for it to be an all day event.
Pack a lunch, rain/cold weather gear, snacks, water and a chair. Also bring a notebook and gear you have questions about.

This is great for beginners as well as more seasoned drivers as we will be going over several things from intro to off roading, TREAD principles, driver skills including spotting and much more. For the more experienced drivers it is a great refresher for the season and you can always learn something new!

@jps8460 @mcgaskins are also teaching at this skillset day! Both have loads of experience teaching as well as being outstanding dudes! I personally think they both have an excellent easy going teaching style that is very relaxing while being extremely knowledgeable and encouraging!

This is going to be a small group of 10 trucks with 8 spots open. So we strongly encourage seat sharing with your friends! S/O are also welcome to join! With this being a long day focused on learning we do ask for children to stay at home for this one and only well behaved dogs. Ripley will be joining but she will spend most of her time in the truck.

Jackson has also requested for you to post any questions or anything you would like to cover on this skillset day. As the course for the day will be molded after these questions so YOU can learn exactly what you would like to! We cannot wait to see everyone out there for this!
1. @jps8460 & @mcgaskins
2. Rachel
3. @DaughterofMendo
4. @SaintAgatha
5. Anne Hamilton in the 80
6. @Canonyero
7. Kaitlin
8. @The Rock FurRunner
9. @that'swhatshesaid
10. @Yarn Runner & @DomOfTheDead

Last edited:

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Wahooo!! Looking forward to seeing you all bright eyed and bushy tailed on 6/4. As Brandi mentioned, I’d love to hear what you expect to learn. I have a standard curriculum, but it’s always more fun to help where it’s wanted.

Anyhow, generally we discuss the following

Field Tire Repair
Public Lands and Navigation (trip planning)
TREAD
Some basic mechanical stuff
Driving, spotting, and use of traction aids… MTS, ATRAC, CRAWL, and Lockers

As mentioned above, this day is all about learning!! It’s generally a full day.

Cheers!

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
Adding for @jps8460 and @mcgaskins , I am trying to figure out all of my buttons, haha, specifically 2nd start and DAC. I will come with some basic knowledge but would be interested in more info and practice. (GX470)

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Shoot we will be out of town! She will Try again for the next round!!!
I hope you guys have a great trip. I have a couple beginner trails planned just figuring out dates.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Sara is in.

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Neecee didn't mention anything in particular, but she likes knowing how things work, so the mechanical aspect will be appreciated. She may be interested in how her winch works if there's time. The spotting will be helpful because she'll be RHD and has been warned about "Turn driver side!" instructions. And you'll need to cut her some slack because she's also in a manual...

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Neecee didn't mention anything in particular, but she likes knowing how things work, so the mechanical aspect will be appreciated. She may be interested in how her winch works if there's time. The spotting will be helpful because she'll be RHD and has been warned about "Turn driver side!" instructions. And you'll need to cut her some slack because she's also in a manual...
Lots of slack will be given with the manual! At least one other driver will also be in one.

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
Anyone who does this in a manual has my respect. 💪🏻