• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Drive Like a Girl: Driver Skill Set Day Slaughterhouse Gulch 06/04

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
Whelp, I just realized we'll be in Moab that weekend. 🤬
Well Moab is a great place to be! I am working out what trails I want to do this summer but you guys should try for one of those or all them! Have a great trip and we will miss having your wife.

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
Change of plans, I/we will likely have the 80. I went to the sand dunes in WY this weekend and my front bumper ... needs adjusting. Oopsie, haha.

So for the 80 I am still trying to understand lockers and it also has a steel winch cable that intimidates me (mine is synthetic). @jps8460 @mcgaskins

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Change of plans, I/we will likely have the 80. I went to the sand dunes in WY this weekend and my front bumper ... needs adjusting. Oopsie, haha.

So for the 80 I am still trying to understand lockers and it also has a steel winch cable that intimidates me (mine is synthetic). @jps8460 @mcgaskins

Sounds great! A great thing for everyone to have in their kit is solid gloves, and I like thick leather for working with steel winch cable especially if it’s older.

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
Sounds great! A great thing for everyone to have in their kit is solid gloves, and I like thick leather for working with steel winch cable especially if it’s older.
I think I currently have five pairs of gloves in my truck, haha. @DanS is a connoisseur of fine gloves. Right Dan?

DanS

Rising Sun Member

That’s not a steel cable though…

Anyone have an early 80 CDL relay/ECU? Its either that or the CDL actuator that is preventing the CDL, or the diff locos from actuating.

Dan

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
That’s not a steel cable though ...
There I go getting all of your trucks confused again... 🤪 haha

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
We are very unlikely. Between a leaking roof, trying to catch up after a week of rain and no mowing, oil changes, Trans fluid changes, tire rotations, the never ending list needs hacked down some before we can go back out for fun stuff.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Sara and I also need to back out. Sorry for the late notification.

Part of my family has decided to move across country. That’s going to eat up a great deal of time our time. Post pictures so we can live vicariously through you all.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

At least it did not fall off on the drive home.

Understanding lockers? How so?

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
At least it did not fall off on the drive home.
It seems to be solidly on there, thankfully, just not in the correct location. It was actually the hi lift that did it, not the nosedive, I'll talk to you offline.
Understanding lockers? How so?
I just don't understand this part of trucks (yet). AWD vs. 4WD, CDL (after this weekend I'm getting there), actual lockers, why a triple locked 80 is allowed to be triple locked but the CDL on my GX doesn't count as a locker 🤔, etc. etc. etc.

Actually I'm going to go put together my jillion piece differential right now, haha. It's literally why I bought it.

Not that it really matters because we're living life on the edge in the 80 with lockers that aren't connected or whatever @DanS has going on in there...

Last edited: