• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Live from Cruise Moab

Beater

Hard Core 4+
you don't have to. you just set the laptop as the focal point of the bowl and it should strengthen the signal. At least I think that's what John is saying.

correct

prop it up with the beer can you just emptied.

You can also do this;
remove top and bottom from aluminum can. slice remaining aluminum tube lengthwise. open up the tube so that you have a "half pipe" and position for signal.

if you want to involve a soldering iron, I can show you how to make a fantastic antenna for directional snooping...

lol

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
correct

prop it up with the beer can you just emptied.

You can also do this;
remove top and bottom from aluminum can. slice remaining aluminum tube lengthwise. open up the tube so that you have a "half pipe" and position for signal.

if you want to involve a soldering iron, I can show you how to make a fantastic antenna for directional snooping...

lol
All of the guys who went through our ham classes should totally understand what John is shooting for. Bueller? Bueller?

85Toy

I saw a nice big rig motorhome over at Christo's shop this morning with the cruiser loaded on a trailer. Looked like they were heading out this morning. I get to ride shotgun in Rob's 80 for Pritchett Canyon Thursday, better than nothing. As a Moab virgin, I can't wait. Any wagers on whether Joe breaks something leading Pritchett?

60wag

Rising Sun Member
All of the guys who went through our ham classes should totally understand what John is shooting for. Bueller? Bueller?

Oh, Oh! Ground plane, right?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I saw a nice big rig motorhome over at Christo's shop this morning with the cruiser loaded on a trailer. Looked like they were heading out this morning. I get to ride shotgun in Rob's 80 for Pritchett Canyon Thursday, better than nothing. As a Moab virgin, I can't wait. Any wagers on whether Joe breaks something leading Pritchett?

Ouch.....Nasty Jinx! :eek:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
NO... You must wear the bowl on your head with a chinstrap for it to be effective

Exactly!

AX048304.jpg

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I can shuttle a 3 spd t-case out there and have it there by Thursday night! Does anybody have one available to send?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+

wesintl

RS Moderator
your not going out now ige? I can take thurs. I have a few parts to take out to someone from oleg.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
your not going out now ige? I can take thurs. I have a few parts to take out to someone from oleg.

I am going, but not until thurs.. sean's trying to find something quicker.

wesintl

RS Moderator
gotcha..

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I think you guys need to start over with this "Live from CM09" thread. This one is way too short on pictures.

and start a parts needed at CM thread!

Convert

Hard Core 4+
The lack of pictures in this thread is upsetting maybe some evening camp pictures might help us cope with being left behind :thumb::beer:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Where is the love here? My Facebook is full of pictures from Woody and others but my "friends" have forgotten us! :rant: :(