Live from Cruise Moab

gahi

Trail Ready
If anybody needs stuff welded, or just a place to wrench, air tools, mig, tig, look me up. My shop is south of town about 7 miles, in the three big white buildings. I also have a truck and trailer, I'm happy to help you out.

Gary
435-259-7446

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
If anybody needs stuff welded, or just a place to wrench, air tools, mig, tig, look me up. My shop is south of town about 7 miles, in the three big white buildings. I also have a truck and trailer, I'm happy to help you out.

Gary
435-259-7446

Thats very generous! Thank you in advance!

wesintl

RS Moderator
:crickets:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
seriously...

it's almost like they're actually out wheelin' or something...:rolleyes:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I will admit that I enjoy the break away from the 'puter when I'm in the desert. :cool:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I will admit that I enjoy the break away from the 'puter when I'm in the desert. :cool:

Yeah I remember when I'm at Cruise Moab the last thing I want to do is web wheel. There's too much going on to spend time even trying to establish an internet connection (for me). So I don't blame them.

bigbluefj

Honorary Canuck Member

Gary
435-259-7446

Some buddy should have told Gary i wasn't going to be there this year :D:D

Kevin

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Ahh, maybe someone could come over to my place and throw some red dirt in my bed, that'll make it feel more like CM.

Drew

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Ahh, maybe someone could come over to my place and throw some red dirt in my bed, that'll make it feel more like CM.

Drew
I know the feeling. I've spent the last few days and evenings working on my truck like I was going to CM. If it's not one thing, it's another. But I actually drove it to work today for the first time in 6 days!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Are you going to make it Dave? Did you get the time off?

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+

Drew

I'm thinking as soon as the little one is old enough, we're taking him/her out and introducing them to the red dirt.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
my ride will be here in about 40 minutes. a couple hour stop in junction and then i'm there:thumb:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
What time is the raffle dinner Friday? I might be able to make it. I have to go to GJ Friday morning, but should be able to get to Moab by Friday afternoon and stay 'til Sunday.

bigbluefj

Honorary Canuck Member
Well with the start of the event today i'm hoping this live from cruise Moab thread will have more picture's :rant::rant::blah::blah::D:mad::mad:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Ok, I made it a point to get somthoing posted for you guys this morning. I know how it is not being at the event.

Wed. I gathered up 2 other guys and hit Hell’s Revenge right after 8am tech and registration. It was Matt Ralsten and Jake. I had just met Jake the night before. He has a well built 3rd gen runner on 35s. Jake and I took Hells gate and we all took tip over challenge. Passed on the escalator. Having new rubber (MTZ’s) and the crawler this year made the slickrock quite fun\easy and grippy. Tom R. was behind us a ways on the trail and he had 7 others. And Robbie was behind them leading an FJ crew. Tom had a guy from Missoula in a 3rd gen runner break an a-arm component which had to be welded back up to get off the trail. And evidentially Robbie had his hands full with a few of the FJ guys getting “off-line” on Hells Gate. I believe there were some adrenaline moments for them.

My group hit town at noon. They didn’t want to keep on so I took off up Kane Creek. I wanted to check out Cliff Hanger. I went down some big obstacles at the beginning toward the creek and elected to turn around since I was by myself and didn’t see a lot of winch points. Evidentially that first section has some of the more difficult sections of the trail but I made it back up ok with some motorcycle onlookers watching in amazement. So then I ran Kane Creek. That was a sweet trail with a few good obstacles that could give people trouble. Nice canyon run. Made it back by 4:45. I'm having a blast. More to come.

The 3rd pic is Kane creek - the rest are of Hell's.

Attachments

• P1000594 (Small).JPG
    P1000594 (Small).JPG
    43 KB · Views: 885
  • P1000602 (Small).JPG
    P1000602 (Small).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 894
  • P1000604 (Small).JPG
    P1000604 (Small).JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 882
  • P1000607 (Small).JPG
    P1000607 (Small).JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 902
  • P1000589 (Small).JPG
    P1000589 (Small).JPG
    51 KB · Views: 893

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Thank you Scott! Fun pix and the narrative helps make it feel like we homebodys are part of it! Good on ya mate!

Bighead

Trail Ready
Scott...is that Jake from New Mexico? If so, we ran some Moab trails last year together...nice guy.