Colorado Big Game

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Went out to the hunting grounds today with the boy. Saw some elk but only got a picture of these characters.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 455

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
holy crap Corbet, I would have about soiled myself.. did mama see you guys?

And last weekend the kids and I went for a walk around near Fairplay.. in a half mile we saw 3 elk, 1 moose, and 8 deer. I know you're not allowed to plunk them off your deck but geez, seems like everything is out and about right now. Earlier that day we were in Broomfield, a fox walked down the street in front of our house in the morning, then we saw a coyote in the open space on our run. And we always see at least a couple antelope around the Jefferson area. I think that was a record for wildlife sightings in one day.

baja1d

Hard Core 4+
Anyone have any luck hunting? 2nd season down here was terrible. More like well armed hiking than hunting. Coule neighbors filled there 3rd season tags.

Second was rough but filled my third season tag....If we had a horse all of us would have filled our tags!

https://vimeo.com/191478954

She beat herself up a bit stumbling down the hill:

4f663bff823a4071dfc61ee7a04913d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I only saw a few cows, nothing with antlers. We were outside of Buena Vista. We even hiked above tree line and still didn't get into any bulls. Everyone we talked to in the area did not fill their tags.

Congrats on your cow, Travis.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Second was rough but filled my third season tag....If we had a horse all of us would have filled our tags!

https://vimeo.com/191478954

She beat herself up a bit stumbling down the hill:

4f663bff823a4071dfc61ee7a04913d8.jpg

Congratulations Trav! Hopefully we see and can help some take a nap this week! Headed out at damn early o'clock in the morning for upper corner of the state.

wesintl

RS Moderator
congrats, meat in freezer!

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Looks like those scope adjustments I made worked out well. :thumb:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I did a bull for second & a cow for 3rd

Where we are going there is supposedly great goose hunting also. Taking some decoys and the scatter gubs too....what the heck. Gonna come home with some kinda meat....might be just be pasture rats....

Last edited:
We got skunked 3rd season. It was too warm and the neighbors running their track hoe up and down the trail didn't help either.

My son Logan had a youth cow tag though, and with the snow on Thursday we decided to take advantage of the youth extended season. The snow moved the elk down right to where we camp and Saturday morning Logan got his first elk.

30786834940_26fa8e82db_z.jpg

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
We came back with nada. Seen everything in abundance that we didnt have tags for!:rolleyes: Great trip though!