Colorado Big Game

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
We didn't get muzzle in 24. But, we did get our 2nd choice. So we are going 1st Rifle again.

Last edited:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Struck out across the board. Big Horn, Bear, Pronghorn, Elk and Deer checks all came back home. :rant: Deer and sheep was not a surprise as sheep takes 6 and we have 3 and we pulled 201 Deer last year so we are starting all over again. Really shocked we didn't draw bull elk unit 10 as the success charts were in our favor since we had 18 points! 19 must be the magic number! Oh well left over either sex elk and cap bear will have to do.

Stubby

I struck out across the board too! Antelope in 201 - NO! Cow Elk and Deer in 35 - SORRY! I think that the DNR is holding out on us this year in favor of that big dollar out of state demand. Well, thank God for Texas!:D

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Anybody have any inside intel on 481 outside of Buena Vista. I got 3rd season bull tag in 481 and i haven't spent much time up there. I put in for it because an old friend of mine from c-springs is going to meet me up there in Nov.

wesintl

RS Moderator
My first Bull ever and with a muzzleloader. I couldn't be happier. Best of Luck to everyone with a Tag!

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 277

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Out on your own in public lands. Well done. That is a nice big 5x5.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I'll be expecting some elk sausage in November. :thumb:

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
1st season rifle seemed to be difficult in the flat tops for everyone we talked too. It didn't sound like many were successful. It was difficult for us as well. The elk weren't hanging out in the meadows much that's for sure.

Sunday we had a storm that layed down a foot of snow. Monday we still didn't see many tracks. But, I saw one single track up high. I followed the tracks up and thru the woods for a few hours at the ready until I spooked him in his bed and got one shot off. That was fun.

It was the same small bull we bugled in Sept. It's got to be he smallest legal bull I've ever seen. But, I'll take it. Dan shot a 5x6 later that day up high at 420yds. That was his longest shot with his 7mag.

Attachments

• P1010332med.jpg
    P1010332med.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Meat in the freezer without much difficulty. Nice job Corbet!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Results are in for 2015.

I drew both my first choices :clap:
2nd Elk rifle
5th Deer rifle private land

Right on Corbet!

I might be trading in the rifle for a muzzle loader and going for Whitetails now that I'm in Corn Country. :p: