• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2024 Land Cruiser "250 series"

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
I was picking up parts at Stevinson today and chatted with the GM about the new Cruiser. I asked when they'd be seeing one, and he said at some point in the not too distant future they'd be getting one First Edition likely in April. He also said it appears they've been very slow to release any due to some unspecified quality control issues, and he'd prefer to wait until they figure out the issues before they start shipping more to avoid time in the shop for warranty/recall.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
IMG_0922.jpeg

Pz10420

Trail Ready
With the size being similar to the 80 I wish they wouldve added third row seating as an option. No third row makes it undoable for me.

satchel

Rising Sun Member
I'd love to see the 80 compared to a '23 4runner as well.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
With the size being similar to the 80 I wish they wouldve added third row seating as an option. No third row makes it undoable for me.
the Scottish guys video should a 3rd row..

satchel

Rising Sun Member
the Scottish guys video should a 3rd row..
That is because they have a diesel powertrain. Not only do we lose the 3rd row, but the floor is raised for the battery of the hybrid, which is our only option here.

Only way currently to get the 3rd row is in a gx without the battery.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
If you want a 3rd row I'd buy a GX sooner than later. I bet that goes hybrid within a couple years.

Me I'm happy. I pulled my 3rd row seats from the 80 nearly day one and they have been taking up space in my garage since. I'm not thrilled in how the battery got placed and the stupid little cubbys around it. But everything in a compromise. Right now I'm trying to convince myself I'll like the hatch over a tailgate. For daily driving I might. At least that's the idea I'm currently selling myself.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I just got off the phone with Mallory at Stevinson West. I had previously spoken with her at the beginning of December about getting on a waiting list for a 250, and at that time she had told me that management had instructed sales to stop taking wait list names until they learned what their allocation would be.

So I circled back today and gave her a call, and she said that they'd gotten allocated more than they expected, "several dozen", but currently they're all spoken for. One of them is the silver (meteor shower?) 1958. She told me that if that one became available she'd give me a call. She said it is currently in production and would probably hit the dealer some time in May. She also said that she would put me on a wait list now. I also told her that I wouldn't mind a First Edition ;)

I really want one of these, and plan to sell both my 60 and my 1971 40 once I have it. Someday I might even switch to FRS :bolt:

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
I like these guys better than everyone else. They're kind of humble and chill. Call it how it is and whatnot. Doug posted his video of the 250 as well, but I don't care for him to much.