Live from Cruise Moab

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Nope, it powered out right there where I'm stopped. The 1.75:1 rear diff ratio doesn't help too much :eek:

Didn't touch anything, but I did have to be pretty careful driving through the staging area right there! That truck is LOW LOW LOW to the ground! :D

I could smell my clutch for quite a while after that though...:eek:

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
That is pretty funny. You could have ridden your bike up there much easier:rolleyes: And all you would have smelled was the burning of your legs and or lungs......:D Pretty funny if you ask me.:lmao:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Nope, it powered out right there where I'm stopped. The 1.75:1 rear diff ratio doesn't help too much :eek:

You need Treeroot to photoshop you to the middle and then the top :D

Just getting the lowrider that far deserves having a picture of the Toy at the top IMO :thumb:

pmccumber

Hard Core 4+

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
one of the group frequently got out and took quite a few shots of the vehicles.

that's bob bancroft. that's whos rig i was wheeling friday and saturday. there are a few pics from wipeout hill that i took with one of bob's cameras. they'll be the rainy wet ones ;)

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Got copies of all the pictures my Neighbors the Dill's took. This one stood out. Daughter Aspen asleep in the back of their FJ80.

Attachments

• DSCN3564small.jpg
    DSCN3564small.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 655

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Then again, the Blue Mule is pretty tall...I guess once I get the video uploaded we call all take a gander and critic in case anyone wants to try it next year...

Sorry for being slow on this :eek:

Randy's attempt to go up Wipe Out Hill

You may want to right-click, save as...Video is 201MBs

I'll get more uploaded as I have time...I have video of the following folks going down Wipe Out Hill on Nakari's 5-2-09 run: Nakman, Jacket, Marco, Nathaniel, Daniel, Ige, Perry, Kim B, Red Chili, and a couple of unknowns. I also have some video of Gavin, Matt R's son (I think and sorry I don't know his name), and my kids playing in the sand if those folks are interested.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
[edit] Never mind, saving does not prompt for the pw. [/edit] Can someone send me the pw off line for this directory?

You're quick...I was still editing and messing around with the link to get it to work (hopefully) :D

Sent you a PM on the other stuff

jacdaw

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Jeff. I may be quick but Comcast is sloooooowww. Still waiting for the .avi to finish d/l'ing...

jacdaw

Hard Core 4+
Wow, does anyone really think a 200 lb. person is enough to hold an FJ40's front end down if it's tipping over backwards? Randy was protected by restraints and a roll cage. What's protecting the spotter except dumb luck? Yelling to grab the truck just seems misguided to me. Really lucky it turned out the way it did; that Randy was cool under pressure and didn't goose the throttle & that the spotter didn't simultaneously get a good purchase on the truck.

Sorry for being slow on this :eek:
Randy's attempt to go up Wipe Out Hill <snip>

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Wow, does anyone really think a 200 lb. person is enough to hold an FJ40's front end down if it's tipping over backwards? Randy was protected by restraints and a roll cage. What's protecting the spotter except dumb luck? Yelling to grab the truck just seems misguided to me. Really lucky it turned out the way it did; that Randy was cool under pressure and didn't goose the throttle & that the spotter didn't simultaneously get a good purchase on the truck.

Actually, if a spotter is quick enough the counter balance is often just enough. What always scares me is when guys jump on the running boards when someone is leaning way off camber. Somehow I think I would rather trust the roll cage rather than your buddys body when the vehicle rolls over!

jacdaw

Hard Core 4+
Actually, if a spotter is quick enough the counter balance is often just enough. What always scares me is when guys jump on the running boards when someone is leaning way off camber. Somehow I think I would rather trust the roll cage rather than your buddy's body when the vehicle rolls over!
I've seen it happen before where the buddy got dragged, scraped and partially squished. It's never fun to bend your sheet metal or field test your cage welds, but it's better than hurting a good Samaritan.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Wow, does anyone really think a 200 lb. person is enough to hold an FJ40's front end down if it's tipping over backwards?
A bunch of times having Neil or Bruce putting some weight on a slider or bumper just helped my truck keep under control on the Rubicon. So, yeah, sometimes a pull or push is all it takes. But seeing someone standing on a slider or something, that's no good.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Probably a bad descision on my part. By the time we all got to it it was on the ground again with little risk of rolling over or to the side, it was more reactionary. I learned a lot that day..

I think we got lucky. Good to see the video to learn from our mistakes.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Actually, if a spotter is quick enough the counter balance is often just enough.

Exactly. There's no hard line for any of these situations. Doing nothing isn't always the right answer, nor is jumping on the truck to save it. But there are many "tweener" cases, which Randy falls into. His truck was teetering, where just a bit of weight on the front end could have made a big difference. That was the reaction I think we saw.

It's easy to judge in hindsight. Let's all be glad it turned out Ok, and there was some learnin' to be had.:thumb:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Hey Jeff. I'd like to get a copy of my video if possible. Whatever is easiest for you to snip and save it - I'll take it. :beer:

PS - His name is Sam.:)