Dome *Early start*
- Nattybumppo
- Hicntryflyguy
- Inukshuk
- JonHaris

Last edited:

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
I will be running Metal Masher and Kane Creek on either day, but happy to add a second trail to both days.

nattybumppo

Hard Core 4+
I will be running Hells on Saturday, hopefully with company! Greg? Neil? Steve?

Then Dome on Sunday. Dave? Steve? Others?

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
I will be running Hells on Saturday, hopefully with company! Greg? Neil? Steve?

Then Dome on Sunday. Dave? Steve? Others?

Ill runs hells in the am if you want to do KC or MM in the afternoon.

Sunday I will be heading out early so no dome for me.

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
Ill runs hells in the am if you want to do KC or MM in the afternoon.

Sunday I will be heading out early so no dome for me.

What trails am I gunning with you? I'm leading Porcupine Rim so I will probably run that with Corbet Friday AM then whatever trail you run in the PM. Whatever you run on Saturday that I'm gunning with you, I'll also run.

I'm stuck in the Santa Ana airport right now waiting for a delayed flight out of San Francisco. Looks like I'll still make it home tonight though a little late. I'll get everything loaded up early in the AM.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I'm down with Dome Sunday if we can commit to an early start - Nattybumppo? Hicntryflyguy? Early departure ok? Nothing insane, but not 9 or 10 am.

Hicntryflyguy thx for the list

So Friday can be Hells & Porc (a great combo)
Saturday: hangover, Breakfast and Rim (I have never run it - scared as I am of off camber)
Sunday: Dome and Home

:cheers:

I'm changing oil now and finishing up the engine cooker install.

I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon, Would like to join you guys for Kane Creek if possible also Dome on Sunday. Wife and kids are comming up on Saturday and I'll have to meet up with them. I'll be staying in hotel on Saturday. Overall I could care less what runs I do, I would like a chance to run fins/hells and chicken corners (no one seems to want to do that one). I'll bring plenty of booze and firewood, not much on food as I'll be alone. Looking forward to it guys!

Jonathan
970-2SIX0-943TWO
jonharisATgmailDOTcom

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon, Would like to join you guys for Kane Creek if possible also Dome on Sunday. Wife and kids are comming up on Saturday and I'll have to meet up with them. I'll be staying in hotel on Saturday. Overall I could care less what runs I do, I would like a chance to run fins/hells and chicken corners (no one seems to want to do that one). I'll bring plenty of booze and firewood, not much on food as I'll be alone. Looking forward to it guys!

Jonathan
970-2SIX0-943TWO
jonharisATgmailDOTcom

And I'm bringing a CD of CM 11 pictures for you....finally :rolleyes:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I would like a chance to run fins/hells and chicken corners (no one seems to want to do that one)

Time permitting Saturday afternoon I'd run Chicken Corners with you. I'd maybe even skip Moab Rim but its one of the few I have never done, and Saturday is shaping up to be a mellow day.

Have you seen my Garmin GPS track of Chicken Corners? Key to that run is the pictograph rock on the way out, hike at the end and having lunch/exploring at Catacomb Rock on the return trip. We can definitely review the route on a map. I led it last year

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Huge favor to ask.

Can anyone who is going to the trail leader training this weekend haul some parts out for me? Gary H. (Gahi on the forum)lives in Moab and bought a soft top and bows from me. If someone could take these out there, we would be grateful. I'll send you off with some :beer: too. :thumb:

Let me know. Thanks!

Time permitting Saturday afternoon I'd run Chicken Corners with you. I'd maybe even skip Moab Rim but its one of the few I have never done, and Saturday is shaping up to be a mellow day.

Have you seen my Garmin GPS track of Chicken Corners? Key to that run is the pictograph rock on the way out, hike at the end and having lunch/exploring at Catacomb Rock on the return trip. We can definitely review the route on a map. I led it last year

Thanks Mark!
That reminds me, I will be bringing hard copies off all of the maps that I created last year. I would like to look at them individually with the people who are familiar with each trail. I created the maps utilizing a variety of sources, and ultimately my own knowledge of the area. Some of the things I am interested in discussing are obstacle names, locations and recommended travel directions. Also any other recommendations for improvement will be appreciated.

Another option I would be OK with would be to post the maps here for comment. If that sounds good, maybe recommend a subfoorum that I can start creating threads. Would it be good to put all maps in one thread or have their own for easier tracking of comments?

It would also be great to Get GPX tracks for Dome Plateau although If I run it I'll collect a file with a survey grade GPS that I have.

Here is a list of the maps I have completed, What am I missing?:

Behind the Rocks
Chicken Corners
Cliff hanger
Elephant Hill
Fins-n-Things
Gold Bar Rim
Golden Spike
Hell's Revenge
Kane Creek Canyon
Metal Masher
Moab Rim
Poison Spider
Porcupine Rim
Pritchett Canyon
Rose Garden Hill
Sevenmile Rim
Wipe-Out Hill

Here are a couple of examples.

Attachments

• Chicken Corners Topo 2011.jpg
    Chicken Corners Topo 2011.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Poison Spider Topo 2011.jpg
    Poison Spider Topo 2011.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 238

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Huge favor to ask.

Can anyone who is going to the trail leader training this weekend haul some parts out for me? Gary H. (Gahi on the forum)lives in Moab and bought a soft top and bows from me. If someone could take these out there, we would be grateful. I'll send you off with some :beer: too. :thumb:

Let me know. Thanks!

PM Sent - I'm still here. Hope to wrap work by 2, pack, roll by 3, meet a buddy at T-rex lot.

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
Cheeseman here. Can't leave until Friday AM. Not sure what time yet. So probably won't get a trail until Sat AM. Would like Hell's if possible. Leave early Sun AM so no Dome.