CM2012 Leader training pre-run March 16-18, 2012

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Was at last nights met and heard about this! I'm definitely interested in leading or gunning. I will be there to meet up Thursday, can't wait to meet up!

Thanks,

Steven
(07 FJ Cruiser)

Right on good to have you....offer still stands, I will be running Kane Creek either Friday or Saturday I would be happy to have you follow along to either run it or learn it.

What's our plan for firewood this weekend?
I have two bundles....hopefully everyone will bring some firewood.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
I have two bundles....hopefully everyone will bring some firewood.

I was hoping this was the plan again. I'll toss a bunch of firewood in my trailer too. As long as we don't have a hugh bonfire each night we should be fine. Besides it does not take much to burn Tom's keys anyway.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Besides it does not take much to burn Tom's keys anyway.

:flop:Tom won't be making this trip, but his trailer will :thumb:thanks Tom!

That was a good time when his keys jumped into the flame a couple of years ago.:hill:

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Daniel:

I don't have a final count. There is a list of "unconfirmed" registrations that needs to be worked through. These are people who signed up, but didn't pay for one reason or another. This could alter the count which is currently at 163, but it might shoot up to 206!

Technically, we offered 21 different trails this year, but not all trails on all days. Some have low max truck limits such as the kokopelli and arches, and then there are day limits (no long trails on raffle night), the swell, and then there are trails with low participation such as Area BFE and Pritchett.

As a guess, most trails will have around 15 trucks, but if we end up with 43 additional trucks, the popular trails will end up maxed out around 20.

Example: 14 trails on Friday/206 trucks = 15 trucks per trail average, but we won't find 15 people on chicken corners or Area BFE difficult.

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
I was hoping this was the plan again. I'll toss a bunch of firewood in my trailer too. As long as we don't have a hugh bonfire each night we should be fine. Besides it does not take much to burn Tom's keys anyway.

I'll bring some wood too. Also, have breakfast burritos for all on Friday morning so we can hit the trail ASAP.

Don't forget the official CM2012 BFE St. Patty's Day Parade and celebration Saturday evening! (Warning! May include "live music" and :beer:)

All try to bring something to throw in for the group breakfast Sunday morning too!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I don't have a final count.

Sorry - I meant for this weekend. Who and what trails, so I can bring the right maps and GPS stuff, figure out what people want to learn and where we can guide each other

I'll bring some wood too. Also, have breakfast burritos for all on Friday morning so we can hit the trail ASAP.

Awesome. Plenty of room on my grill to warm em too.

All try to bring something to throw in for the group breakfast Sunday morning too!

Lots of folks like to bug out early Sunday - maybe we do this BK Saturday?

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Here are some Garmin format Moab waypoints and routes. The waypoints are downloadable at http://www.funtreks.com/. The routes are from my own runs.

Attachments

• Cruise Moab 2012 PreRun.gdb
    131.6 KB · Views: 294
Myself, Bridger and Porter will be there again. I'm trying to drag some of the other Durango contingency down too.

Hey guys it looks like myself, Sara and the girls will be able to make it this weekend pulling in Thursday evening. Bringing the 80 the 40 is on the stretcher gaining some wheelbase.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm leaving for a business trip on Sunday. I was hoping to make it for the pre-run, but it's not going to happen. Have fun, guys!

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I liked the camp spot we had last year where Tim N. always camps. On the outside corner after your enter the woods from the CM main raffle tent site. Not sure if that makes sense.

I will bring some wood also. I plan to pull in just before dark Thursday.

I figure I'll probably be the first to arrive at BFE on Thursday. Planning on noon-ish Does the group want me to set claim to any specific area of BFE? Otherwise I'll just find a nice spot for my tent and you can all just build the CM12 city around me:D

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Man - I sure wish I was packing up to go to Utah this weekend. You guys have fun!

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
Well looks like my wife and youngest son will be on our way for another great weekend of learning trails in Moab. Glad to help. We will probably stay in a hotel. My wife has been sick this week but desperately needs to get out of town. So send all your pleasant thoughts my way. Cuz you know I would rather stagger to a tent then to a hotel bed.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Well looks like my wife and youngest son will be on our way for another great weekend of learning trails in Moab. Glad to help. We will probably stay in a hotel. My wife has been sick this week but desperately needs to get out of town. So send all your pleasant thoughts my way. Cuz you know I would rather stagger to a tent then to a hotel bed.

Aye even a sober Cheeseman is welcome......:cheers: Good to have you and the fam.

I still remember laughing hysterically last year when Yoder and Rudy went on the night run in BFE.....good times!

So what is the trail line up on Friday? I will be pulling in around 11am Friday and hoping to catch up on trail with the group, group CB channel is 4 and we are :camping: at BFE. Will bring wood for :campfire: and extra food for group breakfast, also :drink: for St. Patty day.

:cheers:

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member

I hope she feels better soon. I'm battling a bug myself and hope to be functional by Thursday. Stayed home today to rest. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
So what is the trail line up on Friday? I will be pulling in around 11am Friday and hoping to catch up on trail with the group, group CB channel is 4 and we are :camping: at BFE. Will bring wood for :campfire: and extra food for group breakfast, also :drink: for St. Patty day.

:cheers:

We need :deadhorse: here for me: Dome Friday AM? Meet 9 or 10 there? Its about an hour from Dome to BFE. Saturday will not work with the 1/2 marathon. Sunday will work of we do group BK Saturday and leave early Sunday. Night! :cheers:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
We should try to get a plan together for Friday. Sounds like maybe a group with Dan Friday at the Dome would be a good idea.

I would still like to start with Hells and get back into own around lunch time and regroup.

I would like to run Moab Rim at some point since I'm leading it. But. I'm open on what to run the second half of the day.