• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

CM2012 Leader training pre-run March 16-18, 2012

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
I am 90% out

:( Starting a new business March 1st and still doing my remodeling so time will be scarce. Sorry to bail on this because I like this event better than CM......OK nearly;)

If by some chance I can go it will be last minute.

I plan on being there. New member of Book Cliff Cruisers, wheeled with Jonathan Harris if ya need a reference. Just registered for Cruise Moab and would be willing to volunteer. Volunteered with the mechanic crew at Jeep Jamboree "Rubicon" with my 73' CJ 5 for a few years while living in California.

:cheers:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Right on, it's sweet seeing all the Bookcliff guys get involved here. I should be there for this one as well, it's a good time. Flyguy you still have the CJ5?

Quick word to the wise if you haven't camped at BFE in March before - it can be c-o-l-d with a capital F. Bring your best winter camping gear. :campfire:

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
I plan on attending as well. Looking forward to it!:cheers:

Bill Baker
Bookcliff Cruisers
El Presidente

Look forward to seeing you again Commandante Bill!

I plan on being there. New member of Book Cliff Cruisers, wheeled with Jonathan Harris if ya need a reference. Just registered for Cruise Moab and would be willing to volunteer. Volunteered with the mechanic crew at Jeep Jamboree "Rubicon" with my 73' CJ 5 for a few years while living in California.

:cheers:

Welcome Hicntryflyguy, whateverurdrivin!

Right on, it's sweet seeing all the Bookcliff guys get involved here. I should be there for this one as well, it's a good time. Flyguy you still have the CJ5?

Quick word to the wise if you haven't camped at BFE in March before - it can be c-o-l-d with a capital F. Bring your best winter camping gear. :campfire:

Don't pay any attention to Tim on what cold is 'cause he recently traded his 80 for a 100! :lmao:

Anything less than a -20 sleeping bag in the Rockies in the Spring....??? Who knows what night might bring....

Sorry....Just couldn't resist Tim..................whata set up man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nattybumppo

Hard Core 4+

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
I'm out. Flying to England. Service for my Grandfather. Lived a good 90 years. May we all be so lucky.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I was thinking to maybe camp at Rabbit Valley or Dewey Bridge Thursday night so as to get some miles from Denver that night and be ready to pre-run Dome Plateau Thursday AM. What do y'all think? Whose in?

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Cool another rare modified 3rd Gen. Look forward to meeting you.

97 T4R supercharged, toytec 3" lift front, LC coils rear, 255/85r16, Newly armored.:blah:

And I'll bring Montana for warmth :puppykisses:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Sounds fun Daniel. But, I'll be ahead of you. Getting into Moab around dinner time Thursday. Probably look for other at the Brewery between 5-6pm.

I was thinking to maybe camp at Rabbit Valley or Dewey Bridge Thursday night so as to get some miles from Denver that night and be ready to pre-run Dome Plateau Thursday AM. What do y'all think? Whose in?

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Sounds fun Daniel. But, I'll be ahead of you. Getting into Moab around dinner time Thursday. Probably look for other at the Brewery between 5-6pm.

Flexible. Camping near Dome makes sense since its a good hour drive from BFE and on the way to/from Moab. That being said, we can also run it Sunday AM on the way home if we start early. It makes a lot of sense to stay at Dewey/Rabbit Thursday night for those who have to leave after work. :cheers:

nattybumppo

Hard Core 4+
Flexible. Camping near Dome makes sense since its a good hour drive from BFE and on the way to/from Moab. That being said, we can also run it Sunday AM on the way home if we start early. It makes a lot of sense to stay at Dewey/Rabbit Thursday night for those who have to leave after work. :cheers:

I am up for a Sunday am Dome Plateau run. Can't make the Thursday option as I won't get to Utah until Friday afternoon.

Who wants to show me Hells Revenge on Saturday?

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Who wants to show me Hells Revenge on Saturday?

I'd also like to run Hell's for training purposes. I'm know the main trail but would like to get a good schooling on how to properly spot Hell's Gate, Tip Over Challenge and possibly the Escalator.

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
I'd also like to run Hell's for training purposes. I'm know the main trail but would like to get a good schooling on how to properly spot Hell's Gate, Tip Over Challenge and possibly the Escalator.

I thought the Hell's Gate and Escalator obstacles were verboten on our official runs due to permit restrictions?