• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Bring-A-Trailer Bring a Trailer highlight thread

shellb

Hard Core 4+
Yeah it’s very seller friendly! I’ve never sold on there but have bought twice!

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
I’ve always loved the looks of the final year of the C3. It’s just an LS swap away from lots of fun. With only 6500 miles better to leave this one stock.

E97EC93F-1C91-4CE6-8A91-D76D1B3A48C3.jpeg

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
1968 Toyota 2000GT on Bring a Trailer. Only 350 made, 109 of them being left hand drive - this is one of the 109. Triple Mikuni carbs on the straight 6, and an entire endangered forest worth of wood on the dash.

This is the stuff of dreams.

2000GT

685566F3-3EB3-432A-A29E-415865007222.jpeg

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
A non factory repaint, vinyl seats (to be fair, that’s factory OEM) & an illegal licensing, but it will probably still go for a million dollars. Cool car for sure!

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
A non factory repaint, vinyl seats (to be fair, that’s factory OEM) & an illegal licensing, but it will probably still go for a million dollars. Cool car for sure!
I missed the details on repaint and illegal licensing.... Can't seem to find that info rereading the ad again.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Another 2000GT. Current bid is $672K. o_O

DanS

Rising Sun Member
The ad mentions it was originally red, but is now white, and it is a California car, with Montana plates.
Montana plates are a huge red flag, pretty much unless the seller lives in MT, they just scream "shady licensing" to me.

Dan

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Montana plates are a huge red flag, pretty much unless the seller lives in MT, they just scream "shady licensing" to me.

Dan
It's a loophole for Californians. Lic it in Montana and they don't have to pay taxes on it

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
It's a loophole for Californians. Lic it in Montana and they don't have to pay taxes on it
It isn’t a loophole, it is 100% illegal in California (and almost every other state). People do it because they assume they won’t get caught. Most don’t, but it is definitely illegal.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
A local Land Cruiser is up for sale on Bring a Trailer! YIHB?!

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
It isn’t a loophole, it is 100% illegal in California (and almost every other state). People do it because they assume they won’t get caught. Most don’t, but it is definitely illegal.

Lost revenue for said state. Colorado is no better with HMMV and LMTV's (or any military vehicle). Pretty idiotic on the states part.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru

Dan
It's also possible that we plebes aren't thinking like a wealthy person. The current owner probably actually owns property in Montana and the licensing isn't to an LLC that shares a PO box with 25 other LLCs and a law firm.

The car may actually be in a garage in Montana, too, and used a few weeks a year each summer, if at all. So the seller (Silver Arrow Cars Ltd of Beverly Hills) was chosen to represent the owner because he/she has a residence there, too.

Just speculating, though.

For example, if memory serves Tom Hanks' FJ40 had Idaho plates but was being listed by Bonham's in L.A. But Hanks owns a huge ranch in Idaho and the Cruiser was there. Nothing shady about it.

Telly

Rising Sun Member
A local Land Cruiser is up for sale on Bring a Trailer! YIHB?!
This one was my former FZJ80. Sold it in about 7 ish years ago and could have bought it back 4 years ago for only about $4k more than I sold it for. Sorta thought this rig would eventually make it to BAT and I don't think I'll follow the sale...just because I'll just be sick to my stomach and already at 25k with 5 days to go. Doesn't look like anything has been done to it since my mods...even the same tires. I ran this rig on many trails in CO and UT, including almost all the trails around Moab. Many good memories in that one.