• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

2 Wheel Drive content... nothing to see here

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I got the down pipe off the manifolds. Heat, oil, patience, repeat. Did the trick, studs came out. Donut gasket was gone and down pipe is shot, but those are easily replaced when I get to exhaust re-do. Still not sure if this manifold is too corroded to be machined, but going to drop it off tomorrow to find out. No luck sourcing another exhaust manifold. I wonder how much a custom 4 into 1 header would be? :ROFLMAO:

i-493pKKQ-XL.jpg
i-kZbWMhK-L.jpg

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
My new machinist friend says it was salvageable. "Just bolt it on, don't worry about it." ;)

i-zbXGSB6-L.jpg

Going to wire wheel it, spray with some high temp and wait for the manifold gasket and new hardware.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Bang mill that together OG fix
Love it Martin!!
Heck yeah, let's see if it works! Single gasket, so having them connected should be no problemo. Now I just have to wait for the gasket, and a bunch of other parts. No Cruiser Outfitters or Toyota dealer help on the Stout. I have parts coming from private hoards, Thailand, etc.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
My new machinist friend says it was salvageable. "Just bolt it on, don't worry about it." ;)

i-zbXGSB6-L.jpg

Going to wire wheel it, spray with some high temp and wait for the manifold gasket and new hardware.
That looks great!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I finally have the manifold gasket and hardware on the way. Probably another week to get it here.

In the meantime I thought I would share this little beauty. NOS fuse box with NOS fuses. Stout and early fj40 are the same part. This one is so nice I think I will put it in my 40 and clean up the nice one in my 40 for the stout.

i-XnZ67Lv-L.jpg
i-HQwf5DH-L.jpg

subzali

Hard Core 4+

MDH33

Hard Core 4+

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Martin, have you seen Profitt’s Facebook thread regarding Stouts being in demand? Hang in there!!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I've had a few weekends of house projects and travel get in the way of the Stout project, but hoping to make more progress soon. I had heard about the stout drift truck project, but was amazed they got it built in time for Sema. Pretty wild! Can't wait to see it in action.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Its been crazy cold and snowy here, so no progress on the stout. Weird. Usually only get the blowing snow and single digit wind chills in jan-feb!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Its been crazy cold and snowy here, so no progress on the stout. Weird. Usually only get the blowing snow and single digit wind chills in jan-feb!
It’s been like that here too.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
OK, finally got a free weekend day to play with Godzilla again! :zilla:

Waited weeks on the parts to reattach the manifolds and then the parts waited on me as I was busy and the weather was crappy, etc.

Fresh high temp paint on the exhaust manifold. New gaskets, studs and the super weird specific sized mounting hardware.

i-FGdBHQh-XL.jpg

My local exhaust guru hand made a down pipe that I could temporarily connect to the existing exhaust. I had to cut it off it was so corroded. Fit of the new part was amazing.

i-7QhqLjm-L.jpg

Here's the manifolds all cleaned up and bolted back on.

i-W4SWKPq-L.jpg

Trick I'm pretty sure I learned from Marco, @rover67 Taps fit into 1/4" 12pt sockets for those tight spaces. I cleaned out all the manifold holes before new hardware.

i-JkTMZXS-XL.jpg

Exhaust connected, carb reinstalled (blasted the idle passages out again), new choke cable installed and hand throttle connected.

i-R5924BX-XL.jpg

i-jm9CpV3-L.jpg

i-Wr3B9FF-L.jpg

Wired up a new temp sending unit.

i-mMckZt7-XL.jpg

Old one was toast!

i-p9PVp7N-L.jpg

Ran out of daylight. Going to try to start it up tomorrow! 🙂