What have you done to your rig today?

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Installed an additional 12V circuit in the rear of my 100. Ran 6AWG wire from the battery to the fuse block in the rear, and then 10AWG wire from the fuse block to the 12V USB/socket panel. I kept the panel pretty far to the right, to allow for USB cables to remain plugged in, since there's not much room between the tailgate and the panel - this will allow me to charge camping lights, USB battery packs, etc. while I'm wheeling.

I still have one more USB/socket panel to install behind the center console, so the kids can have power for their iPads/games/etc., but to be honest, I quickly grew tired of running cable under carpet. :)

Also finally got around to mounting my fire extinguisher.

rZpzXwG.jpg

pL9iBME.jpg

SgmqcwH.jpg

8miqsbr.jpg

Boss Hog

Lifted
Actually happened a few weeks ago, but the h55 and 4.10 gears are installed in the 60. All leaks-except for the power steering seal-are fixed. Valve adjustment too. Now @Romer and @DaveInDenver don’t have to smell me going 20 mph up mountain grades anymore.
Two fillups so far and I’m getting 16 mpg on the highway and 15 city.
Oh-I also installed the Aussie grab bar over the glove box. @Stuckinthe80s is biggest person to ride in the 60, and I don’t think his knees would scrape.
E892A3EE-3DA2-4FDB-A2C5-6C2B2A7A88A9.jpeg

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Actually happened a few weeks ago, but the h55 and 4.10 gears are installed in the 60. All leaks-except for the power steering seal-are fixed. Valve adjustment too. Now @Romer and @DaveInDenver don’t have to smell me going 20 mph up mountain grades anymore.
Two fillups so far and I’m getting 16 mpg on the highway and 15 city.
Oh-I also installed the Aussie grab bar over the glove box. @Stuckinthe80s is biggest person to ride in the 60, and I don’t think his knees would scrape.
View attachment 85910
I've mentioned this before but the Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak fluid really works. It worked on an old Jaguar I had and it will work on your Cruiser too. Nice mods with the H55F and regearing.

Boss Hog

Lifted
I've mentioned this before but the Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak fluid really works. It worked on an old Jaguar I had and it will work on your Cruiser too. Nice mods with the H55F and regearing.
You have mentioned that. My intent was/is to actually fix that seal. But for now, Lucas Stop Leak is on my list of things to do today.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member

ccslider

Hard Core 4+
Did my first PHH. Wasn't that bad really. I just pulled the transmission dipstick and the upper bolt of the PHH tube. I owe @LARGEONE some beer for the silicone hose and breeze clamps. I decided to go with the green stripe hose after I got the silicone.

Spent the rest of the day tracking down why the cooling system was not building pressure. Pressure testing, compression test, all kinds of nonsense.

Turned out to be the tabs on the radiator cap. They were not bent down enough to seal the cap. Haha!!

Compression was almost all the same so that's good.
IMG_20200513_120829.jpg
IMG_20200513_131916.jpg
IMG_20200513_162234.jpg

FunkyYota

Rising Sun Member
Replaced the timing belt and water pump replaced. Forgot to put the rodent deflector in, so I had to take it apart and put that in...
IMG_20200511_193731_01.jpg

Got the radiator and trans cooler provisionally plumbed. I even used SAE J1532 hose. I went to O'Reillys and got something 'close enough' for now. I'm thinking some UZJ100 radiator hoses will be a more permanent solution.
IMG_20200513_183603.jpg

Does anyone have access to AC hose crimping tools I might be able to borrow? The tentative plan was to hack up the uzj100 and fj80 AC lines and solder them together, but a more professional solution would be cool.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
For the 100, dug the "PWR/2nd start" switch connector from under the side of the center console and out from under the carpet where maybe it got tucked after some prior work or maybe its been there since it rolled off the factory line in 2007! Plugged it in and we'll see if it works. The dash lights work for it!

Brucker

Hard Core 4+
Since the little blue shop truck is going to get to actually see some trail time soon, I figured it should get a little maintenance. First up, steering revamp to clean up the problematic hydraulic assist. Machined a custom double sided steering arm since I couldn't find anyone who produces them anymore, to move the ram behind the axle to free up some room. Then did a "5th stud" mod to make sure the new arm won't be removing itself. Coming out decently.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now I just gotta finish up the other side, make an axle side ram mount, paint everything, and reinstall everything. Hope to get through everything except the reassembly, tonight.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Repacked passenger side birf and wheel bearings. Replaced trunion bearings. Drank two beers. Forgot to eat dinner.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Got the 80 running again. The 2uz does pretty well. Gotta sort out temp/oil pressure gauges, but other than that its just put the dash and bumpers back on.

very cool, and your moving right along.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
All these V8 swaps right now! So jelly!