• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

What have you done to your rig today?

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Replaced my upstream O2 sensor. Was a massive pain for a connector and 2 nuts. Had to drop my trans skid. Thankfully the nuts that were pretty rusty came off although they got stuck in the socket. Two nights of spraying with liquid wrench ftw. The most frustrating part was getting to the harness connector. It was on top of my trans right by the shifter. And of course I just threw the short throw shifter kit on a few weeks ago which totally gets in the way. So after taking that off and somehow managing to pop the connecter out of it's clip I finally got the connector off. But wait there's more. I'm 80% sure that was the factory O2 that I pulled off because the gasket had become one with the mating surface of the bung. Chipped off as much as I could with a flathead and it still looked terrible. Idk what happened but the downhill part of the surface looked like an iron oxide asteroid. Tried to clean it up some with a file with limited success. @DanielChase took a look at it and his assessment was it was probably clean enough to get a seal so I slapped the sensor on and so far so good.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
@RayRay27, those look beefy but Toyota didn't do any favors even fitting aftermarket hooks convenient. I can just imagine those dug in and crawling under in the muck.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
@RayRay27, those look beefy but Toyota didn't do any favors even fitting aftermarket hooks convenient. I can just imagine those dug in and crawling under in the muck.
Yeah it would have been nice to have something up higher then where they are now but options are pretty limited. They're not as bad as I thought they would be placement wise but a real blunder on Toyotas part for sure.

mikedrom

Rising Sun Member
Bought a swap donor for the 80
IMG_0413.jpeg

WVU fan

Rising Sun Member
(Finally) installed the RCI engine skid plate I bought at their Black Friday sale

Attachments

• IMG_3855.jpeg
    IMG_3855.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
(Finally) installed the RCI engine skid plate I bought at their Black Friday sale
Wish the 3rd gen skids they sell had the oil change door :(

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
replaced the alternator on the 4Runner yesterday

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Ghost town Trip prep:
We originally planned on bringing the taco but it has 2 ripped cv boots. Plan b we bring the off-road-acado but using smaller tires. I installed the STT pros off Knitty Gritty but one has a major leak. So I put the STTs back on KG and swapped tires between the taco and my 80. o_O Oil and filter on the green one too, looks more OLAF now.
20230716_155819.jpg
20230716_155905.jpg

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Done a lot for a while and some more to go. Too much to post and nothing in particular that has not been posted on forum Threads already. They are excellent for my purposes.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
rebuilt knuckles. still have death wobble. think it might be the tie rod at the box or the box in general.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I thought you figured out it was your tires. Guess not, eh?

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

mikedrom

Rising Sun Member
That's what I need to do! Let us know how the swap is going. Are you doing it yourself?
I’ll be doing it myself over the winter. I’m in parts-gathering mode for a few months. I suck at documenting but I’ll try harder for this swap!