• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

For Sale Todays Craigslist Highlights...Part 3

Jcbmx

Trail Ready
Exactly where is it & how do you contact them? If it is still intact, I could totally use a whole new body for my fj62. I think I’d be money ahead in the long run
Not sure about the engine bonk mentioned below, but it’s off 70th N Broadway (check the site). I literally just asked the employees who I needed to talk to and wouldn’t take no for an answer(dude tried to talk me out of it) but used the excuse that I needed so much for my cars’ body that I might as well take the whole car. Got this minus engine/anything else. You can do what I did and at least save it from being scrapped for one more in existence

Attachments

• 333A3055-EFAB-4B6E-A656-5EFE61A4A04F.jpeg
    333A3055-EFAB-4B6E-A656-5EFE61A4A04F.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 136

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
Well since this is a Craigslist forum:

1972 vw karmann ghia
https://denver.craigslist.org/pts/d/denver-1972-vw-karmann-ghia/7254832946.html

I’m trying to sell it before I start in on it/love it and have too many cars and a pissed off wife 🤣
I've seen this Ghia Body in person. it's reeeeaaaalllly nice. (I've had 2). don't let the sanding and stripping fool you, it truly is straight, headlight buckets are un molested.. it's a solid builder, If I had time and space. I build one based on this. someone save this!!! Nathaniel needs another VW. someone reach out to him!!!

OH...and no affiliation other than I bought a rear deck lid for mine and saw it while there.

GLWS I wish I could buy it.

cbelgard

Rising Sun Member
87 FJ60 Project for $3K, looks to be quite rust free

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/756986571793117/
This half done swapped FJ80 3FE into a 60 is back for sale on mud. Ask is $3,500 this time, seems to be a different seller than back in the summer.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
USAF out of the Dakota's too - probably a ballistic defense unit? Was more common ten years ago when they were decommissioning sites to see absolute time capsule k series Chevys and stuff show up at auctions with under 5k original miles. So cool.
Yeah but most of those trucks go through the hardest 5k miles imaginable. Most of them are driven by young servicemen in areas outside of the gaze of their superiors, lending to all kinds of shenanigans provoked by the boredom of being on watch. And even the ones that weren't "abused" more than likely have 10x the equivalent miles that are recorded from idling from countless hours from trying to stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Not saying I wouldn't buy one, just saying it is something to keep in mind.

Jcbmx

Trail Ready
I've seen this Ghia Body in person. it's reeeeaaaalllly nice. (I've had 2). don't let the sanding and stripping fool you, it truly is straight, headlight buckets are un molested.. it's a solid builder, If I had time and space. I build one based on this. someone save this!!! Nathaniel needs another VW. someone reach out to him!!!

OH...and no affiliation other than I bought a rear deck lid for mine and saw it while there.

GLWS I wish I could buy it.
Thank you! Yeah either way it’ll be in a good home, either with me or a vetted buyer. Sellers can walk away too haha. It was actually “sold” to a father/2 son team but his wife squashed it the morning of...at least now it has better tires on it! (my doing) 🤦🏽‍♂️

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
@Corbet you should get that for Bridger.

white wings

Hard Core 4+
I have various sizes of Rhino Rack pioneer platforms. Some have side rails, some do not.

coloradobound

Hard Core 4+

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
$1,000 WiderNest [typo Wildernest] Adventure camper. Currently installed on 1995 F150 short bed.
@DaveInDenver