The Train Trip. June 15th- 18th, 2023.

RossM

Rising Sun Member
I have been asked to ask by my wife if there are any other ladies joining.
My wife Nelda will be with me on this trip. She also was wondering if there would be any other women in our group.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Looking forward to this. I need a campfire and some bourbon soon.
Well, Single malt Scotch does work for me. Not desperate COORS is fine, by me. If anything like last time you will have a blast.
Wishing @PhatFJ will be there, but understand if not.
Family crap my Mother went through about 1.5 years ago at then 83. Messed me up too, bad.

DanS

Rising Sun Member
@rckhound

Steve has a MTB frame in Breckinridge that he is trying to transfer to me. Anyone able to make that happen on the train run?

Steve and I chatted. Will make it happen no sweat.

Dan

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
80s down so im out :(

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Getting pretty excited for this trip:).

Finally able to get train ticket booked:). Who all is planning on riding?

One thought for chasing would be Lava Tank. This is a route I've been intrigued with for some time. Looking at maps, it looks like we could get to Lava Tank from Antonito, then Big Horn Wye and on to Sublette.

But I'm open for whatever, just excited for another Train Trip:cool:.

34.jpg

:beer::beer:

DanS

Rising Sun Member
Looking forward also. Need to shore up a couple issues on the 80 in the coming week. Having to revert back to Fuel with ethanol is causing havoc on my emissions system but she needs premium to keep the turbo happy.

I’ve got the bike frame BTW. Easy!

Dan

PVCsnorkel

Lifted
I very regretfully have to pull out of the trip for this year. I was hoping to have the EFI put on my truck by now, but I haven't had a chance to start the project and I don't trust the Weber for that long of a trip.
I look forward to joining the trip next year when the 60 is in a much better spot.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Just Camped nearby (Elk Creek CG, ~10miles) some snow but not too bad, but river and streams are full. There was a reported a sinkhole and a culvert damage on the border NM side of the Pass. Traffic was a little rerouted to a single file lane, maybe fixed by the time we get there?

Still trying to get on the Train, calling all the numbers and leaving messages, but no return calls. I'll keep tryin, though .....

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
ok, i'm in. in the tundra and backseat camping, but i'm in. i'll be down thurs night, so i'll figure out where to meet up with everyone. @bh4rnnr will the sublette coordinates be a base camp?

now to get train tix

Last edited:

Sean Solo

Rising Sun Member
This is my first train run and I am planing things on either side of this trip. So, just to clarify, we are meeting up and camping on Thursday, doing the train ride on Friday - returning to the same campground, chasing the train on Saturday - back to same campground (different campground?), then chasing the train on Sunday and then heading back home? ( I hope I did not miss a post with this info. Sorry if I did.)

Currently, it looks like my wife will be joining and our three dogs in an additional vehicle, so we will skip the train ride or arrive Friday afternoon.