The 15th Annual 2023 40's Only Run: Oct. 15

What would your preference be for the 40's only run in 2023?

• Saturday in August

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Sunday in August

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Saturday in September

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Sunday in September

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Saturday in October

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Sunday in October

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madorbit

Lifted
I’m interested in this event as well. It’s always a good time. My 40 is always ready to go!
IMG_2742.jpeg

Capriblue45

Rising Sun Member
I'M in just need to know when and where.

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
Im out for these dates unfortunately. 😒

hitchhiker

Rising Sun Member
Assuming its cool enough for my 40 to make it I'm in.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I’ll be a maybe for the 24th. But either way @MountainGoat you are welcome to drive your old 40. If I don’t make the run I can meet you somewhere and hand off the 40!

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I’ll be a maybe for the 24th. But either way @MountainGoat you are welcome to drive your old 40. If I don’t make the run I can meet you somewhere and hand off the 40!
That's mighty tempting. I can't do Sundays because Cooper has lacrosse games for the next few. I have to support him on anything he does that gets him off the f'ing xbox. :)

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
How does Oct 15 work for everyone? Romer mentioned it was a Thursday night Broncos game that week, several people have mentioned early October. And I am hitting a little snag with my 40. :) @Old40Dog you haven't chimed in lately and want to make sure you can make it also!

I will still be up there next weekend for the jenny creek cleanup run as well and maybe camping anyway.

I am also thinking of a different trail to run...original idea was to be near jenny creek but now we could do anything. Kinda depends on snow, too!

Thanks all, sorry for the waffling...............

Last edited:

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
Kristy and I could try to make Thursday the 12th work although would prefer a weekend day.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
SORRY that is the day of the Broncos game on a Thursday, the run would be that Sunday Oct 15.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Changing it up a week before the dates you had nailed down? Uhg!

October is probabably a snow run...

Was hoping to sail in and do this run again, but the poor planning and flakiness just makes it impossible for us "out of towners".

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
My apologies for the flakiness, 100 percent on me. There was really nobody saying they were coming so I was trying to move it to a time that works for more people. We will still have people up there next weekend,including me. Not choosing the trail yet until we see what the weather is like. Plenty of choices to keep us snow free. Sorry again.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Changing it up a week before the dates you had nailed down? Uhg!

October is probabably a snow run...

Was hoping to sail in and do this run again, but the poor planning and flakiness just makes it impossible for us "out of towners".

To be fair to Timm he first posted on the 6th about a date change

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
My apologies for the flakiness, 100 percent on me. There was really nobody saying they were coming so I was trying to move it to a time that works for more people. We will still have people up there next weekend,including me. Not choosing the trail yet until we see what the weather is like. Plenty of choices to keep us snow free. Sorry again.
Sorry, I didn't mean to be a d*ck or single anyone out. Just frustrated that I can't make any plans happen this year it seems.

Hope you all have a great run! 👍

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Sorry, I didn't mean to be a d*ck or single anyone out. Just frustrated that I can't make any plans happen this year it seems.

Hope you all have a great run! 👍
We are good as always man...but I take the blame completely. I have heard from a few people that this is the hardest summer to put trail runs together!! I'll buy a beer the next time I pass through town. 😁