• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

The 15th Annual 2023 40's Only Run: Oct. 15

What would your preference be for the 40's only run in 2023?

• Saturday in August

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Sunday in August

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Saturday in September

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Sunday in September

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Saturday in October

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Sunday in October

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cruiser45

Rising Sun Member
My 40 is also stock and I don’t any of those trails. I sure don’t want to do any thing to crazy.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Agreed! My 40 could do a tougher trail but rides like a demented pogo stick right now, so we will be doing a nice easy fall colors cruise. 😁

OlGreyMare

New-ish
I'm in for the 15th, just waiting to see how my work schedule over the weekend pans out. A trail with views would be awesome, slaughterhouse gulch would be a last choice

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Agreed. I have a few ideas I want to check out this weekend. I'm happy to take suggestions too!!

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
My plan is for us to meet up in Rollinsville, then drive up to the railroad tunnel (all smooth dirt road in a beautiful valley) then back down to the Mammoth Gulch turnoff that goes up to Apex road. Mammoth Gulch is a little rougher but should be no issues at all. Then take Apex towards Central City and I have a nice lunch place scouted out by that little reservoir. After lunch we can head home through Central City/Blackhawk or do a little more exploring. All easy roads for basically a 40's Only Fall Colors Run! :)

Cruiser45

Rising Sun Member
I am definitely in. I have a buddy also with a fj 40 and maybe like to join us if that is cool. I don’t know if he is willing to drive that far. Thanks

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Yes! Any and all 40's are welcome!

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
My plan is for us to meet up in Rollinsville, then drive up to the railroad tunnel (all smooth dirt road in a beautiful valley) then back down to the Mammoth Gulch turnoff that goes up to Apex road. Mammoth Gulch is a little rougher but should be no issues at all. Then take Apex towards Central City and I have a nice lunch place scouted out by that little reservoir. After lunch we can head home through Central City/Blackhawk or do a little more exploring. All easy roads for basically a 40's Only Fall Colors Run! :)
Sounds good. About how many miles on trail?

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Around 20 miles of dirt roads plus the miles to get there and back. Plus maybe a few more miles if we hit Nevadaville on the way back home. Bring lunch!! There is a little coffee shop in Rollinsville that has sandwiches pastries etc

Jcbmx

Trail Ready
So just to confirm, it is on the 15th? And a meet up location in Rawlinsville will be provided?

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Updated the first post, but here it is again

We are set!! Sunday Oct. 15, meet in Rollinsville at 10am, wheels up at 10:30. Meet at the little coffee shop on the east side of the road at the Rollinsville turn off from 119. This will be an easy fall colors tour, mostly smooth dirt roads. We will head up Rollins Pass to the Moffat Tunnel, then backtrack a bit to take Mammoth Gulch (a little rougher but no worries) to Apex, which we will take to the little reservoir for some lunch (make sure to bring something!!) then out through Central City. Depending on the crew, we might explore a little or hit the Nevadaville loop on the way home. All FJ40's are welcome, member or not.

GMRS 7, I will have a couple extra radios as well.

Please let me know if you will be attending, I will shoot everyone my cell number also.

Confirmed:
@timmbuck2
@Capriblue45
@Cruiser45
@OlGreyMare
@Jcbmx
@fjc man

Maybe:
@MtnAddict
@PVCsnorkel
@tancruiser
@madorbit - you better be here! :)
@hitchhiker Jake, just drive home from Moab saturday night and come up sunday morning!!!!!
@JohnnyP
@maxpowerzz
@PWCO70cruiser

Last edited:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Timm,
Sounds fun. I won't be able to make it this year. Too many family commitments wearing me down.

Thanks for leading

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Timm,
Sounds fun. I won't be able to make it this year. Too many family commitments wearing me down.

Thanks for leading
Bummer, was looking forward to wheeling with you, it's been awhile. Totally get it, have fun and congrats on all those grandbabies!

And thanks for replying. :)

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
To get there.we are from eagle. I will trailer my 40.
I will trailer the 40 as well, but from Elizabeth. Where are you parking your trailer, any ideas?