The 15th Annual 2023 40's Only Run: Oct. 15

What would your preference be for the 40's only run in 2023?

• Saturday in August

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Sunday in August

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Saturday in September

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Sunday in September

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Saturday in October

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Sunday in October

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shellb

Hard Core 4+
I’d like to join this year if I can make it work and I don’t sell my 40 beforehand 🤣

Sunday totally works for me.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
NFL games for some can be a conflict in Sept and October. If Sunday, may I suggest Oct 12th as that is an away night game

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
Same, but was referring to new radiator and hoses. 😆

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I sure would like to attend this year but there is no way my 40 will be titled/registered or even road worthy until late this year. Next year fo sho.

FJ40, 7.21.23.jpg

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
Sept or Oct work for me. Sunday works, but I'll have to camp that weekend, as other have mentioned as I'll be coming up from Pueblo. I do plan on heading down to the San Juans in Sept (maybe the second week???) for a few days of camping and trails.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
good idea from @nakman
"What about this idea: run Jenny Creek on September 24th. bonus campout the night before on Mammoth Gulch (jenny creek side of kingston). Can be a 2-fer on an official club run also. And maybe there could be a 2nd club run on Kingston the same day, we just camp together the night before. what do you think?"

JohnnyP

Rising Sun Member
I am out if it is the weekend of 9/23 or 9/30 but if it is any other weekend I am game. Definitely road and trail worthy, Bozeman to Broomfield this past weekend, 699 miles, across 2 days, flawless drive. 2F, 4 Speed, 4.56's and 35's don't do too bad on the highway.
PXL_20230728_132957219.jpg

Last edited:

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
So dates for a San Juan trip...Sept 12-18. I plan on heading down there from Pueblo. Just in case anybody is interested. I'll also look into the later dates in Sept for the Kingston Peak if that is what is decided on.

Fishy

Hard Core 4+
Is anyone willing to write a story about this legendary run for Toyota Trails?
TLCA pays handsomely for stories these days.

"I don't know how to say this, but we're kind of a big deal."
-Ron Burgundy (legendary broadcaster and longtime TLCA member and 40 series owner)

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Possibly...let's chat

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
OK all, how does Sept 23-24 look for everyone? Thanks to a good idea from @nakman, I think we could combine at least the 40's Only Run in as well as another work day at Jenny Creek and/or Kingston.

Saturday: Everyone and anyone - run Jenny Creek work day, then group camp on Mammoth Gulch somewhere.
Sunday: 40's Only Run - Kingston. Could also be the second work day run on Kingston.

I am available this weekend after all.

Most other weekends work for me, but want to get as many 40's involved as possible. We also had I think 3 new or potential new members this month who have 40's, and I stopped to help a guy last night with a 40 problem who might join, too!

:)

Thanks all

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
I'll work on putting in for that weekend off...may come up Friday night, camp 2 nights and drive back Sunday after the run.

Capriblue45

Rising Sun Member
I can make the 24th work for the 40's only run but have a previous commitment for the 23rd. Would just need a time and a place to meet up with the group.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
@satchel want to take my 40 on this run? Ha!
Well lucky for you you're not yet an official club member, Brett. it's clearly stated in the club bylaws that an owner of a running FJ40 who cannot make the 40's only run must give up their 40 to another club member without a 40 who wants to go on the run. or something like that. It's in there somewhere... right under the part where club officers are entitled to drive any of the other vehicles on the run. :bolt:

shellb

Hard Core 4+
Well lucky for you you're not yet an official club member, Brett. it's clearly stated in the club bylaws that an owner of a running FJ40 who cannot make the 40's only run must give up their 40 to another club member without a 40 who wants to go on the run. or something like that. It's in there somewhere... right under the part where club officers are entitled to drive any of the other vehicles on the run. :bolt:

You know me, I'm actually totally game for that!

Somebody needs to enjoy this thing considering I haven't had a chance yet...

I'd need feed back on how the 13bt did on the hills, plus how the cable lockers and/or pto winch worked out! :cool: