• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Random Pictures Thread

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Random old photo (1991 +/-) recently found.........when in the early nineties it seemed everyone ran Toyotas! Kinda a fluke photo, the gray truck is mine and the red 4 Runner was one of my team mates. There also seems to be a black 4R in the background.I seem to recall the instructor had white mini truck as well because we used as a "delivery/jump-out vehicle" for some of the training scenarios.
1FEF97DF-302A-4D57-B248-686DD1F8205B.png

60wag

Rising Sun Member
I wish I needed that.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
The Denver Post article from 2009:

Yeah, Helen Richardson from the Denver Post rode with me on that Bill Moore Lake trip. I'm not sure whether she's still with the Post but after that trip I did notice her name on a lot of the Post's photos. I believe Sheba is/was a friend of Ige's, who if memory serves, somehow had acquired a really early 40 that Ige and I worked on. I think it was like a 1962 or something, I remember it had a centered rear diff like an FJ25. She didn't ride with us on that trip though.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Corbet, I like your sig line statement "1976 Project with little progress" I can totally identify with that as far as my 1976 FJ40 with little progress over the past several years!

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Can confirm, slightly bitter tasting, I prefer the old flavor of original Duracell buttons.
20230809_084130.jpg

Might even switch to energizer!?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
so I get a lot of unsolicited inquiries for products. Received this one today...

1691677958178.png

Just can't stop chuckling... any time I take an acoustic guitar camping I'm always sure to bring the Marshall amp along.. they go great together. Must have taken hours to get those cords to all line up like that

rover67

Rising Sun Member
so I get a lot of unsolicited inquiries for products. Received this one today...

View attachment 118982

Just can't stop chuckling... any time I take an acoustic guitar camping I'm always sure to bring the Marshall amp along.. they go great together. Must have taken hours to get those cords to all line up like that
looks like it was an image that was fabricated. I like the backup bluetooth speaker.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I should let this go... but what also irks me is the ground plug for the 110 outlets. They're just holes, not actually grounded.

1691687078313.png

Oh, and notice how it's backwards? Look at the one on the wall in your office- The big one (white wire) is supposed to be on the left, the small black wire on the right. So now I'm supposed to plug that Marshall head into this, ungrounded, with reverse polarity. I have noticed so many of them are like this too, not just this brand.

I had an Ampeg head way back when that didn't have a ground plug so it was possible to plug it in backwards, but it actually had a polarity switch, so when you did that you could reverse the polarity with the switch. Guess what if feels like when you are playing with reverse polarity, then your lip gently touches a microphone...