• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Pew-pew discussion

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
"ORIGINAL HOUSE
BILL NO. 0095

ENROLLED ACT NO. 51, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

SIXTIETH LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WYOMING
2010 BUDGET SESSION

AN ACT relating to the Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act; establishing a Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act; providing that specified firearms that are manufactured, sold, purchased, possessed and used exclusively within Wyoming shall be exempt from federal regulation, including registration requirements; providing exceptions; creating offenses; providing penalties; authorizing the attorney general to defend specified actions; providing legislative findings and declarations of authority; establishing conditions for the possession and purchase of specified firearms; and providing for an effective date.
6‑8‑404. Regulation by state of firearms, firearms accessories and ammunition manufactured in Wyoming; exceptions.

(a) A personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming is not subject to federal law, federal taxation or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of the United States congress to regulate interstate commerce..."

Might have something to do with that. It's early. My research isn't fully booted.
Wyoming seems more and more appealing everyday.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
1000003221.jpg

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Yay, pewpew talk! I knew you guys had to be somewhere! I've been in CO for a year and haven't fired a round yet.

I have a few loud ones and a few quiet ones and some that I haven't heard yet.
Look up Kelsey Creek shooting range. It’s a nice drive with a decent open space range. It’s gotten a lot cleaner and in my eyes safer ever since it became a named location on google maps.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Had to share with the rest of the group, finally picked up a long time wish list item. Found a Henry lever action. 45-70 guide gun. It has the larger lever loop for use with gloves. This one is great because it has the side gate to load with or you can twist the tube end and slide it out to load it or unload. This will be my primary camping protection piece. I pick it up on Monday. Now all I need is a cowboy hat, boots and spurs.
Screenshot_20240228_174158_Chrome.jpg

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Had to share with the rest of the group, finally picked up a long time wish list item. Found a Henry lever action. 45-70 guide gun. It has the larger lever loop for use with gloves. This one is great because it has the side gate to load with or you can twist the tube end and slide it out to load it or unload. This will be my primary camping protection piece. I pick it up on Monday. Now all I need is a cowboy hat, boots and spurs.
View attachment 127052
Lever action love!

I have (3) and love em all. My Marlin 1894 "Trapper" model 38/357 rifle was my Missouri white tail deer gun for over 30 years now.
My Henry .22 lever action is my barn rifle and my Winchester model 94 30-30, new in box, never fired from the 70's is just gun safe queen.

You'll love that thing to the point you'll get worried about someone stealing it and then it goes in your guns safe.....I'm still looking for a cheap, used version of my guns to have as a "truck gun" but, not so yet.

Enjoy it!
IMG_6617.jpeg
IMG_6615.png
IMG_6616.png

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
I love that you (or someone anyway) bought that at Venture @BritKLR.
What’s so funny nowadays is how people forget that almost all general stores sold firearms back in the day. Hardware stores, department stores, sporting good stores, small town bait and tackle stores, auto parts stores, etc……heck, in 1987 my first LEO duty shotgun was a “Western Auto”brand 12 ga. shotgun! That was racked in my car for my first year!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I love that you (or someone anyway) bought that at Venture @BritKLR.
I grew up behind the Venture in St Charles off the Cave Springs exit on I-70. Bought my first LP with my allowance there.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
I love old used guns. I particularly like old LEO "working" guns because of the stories they could tell. I bought this old Remington 870 Police Magnum Shotgun a few years back because I really liked the Larimer County Colorado inventory tag on it. I liked the beat up wood stocks and suspect it bounced around in a Sheriff's car for years before it got traded in for something. Makes a great "Truck Gun" because you can't hurt it!
IMG_6630.png
IMG_6629.png
IMG_6628.png

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
Long shot but I'm looking for .300 Savage ammo. If anyone know of any in stock in some hole in the wall place and in good condition please let me know.
IMG_8427.jpeg

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Anyone have opinions on the new FN Reflex? I love my 365xl, but it is now well broken in. The slide release is really sensitive and the slide keeps failing to lock after last round. 100% operator error but I keep having trouble adjusting my grip to keep it happy. I probably just need to train more... Got out to the range for the first time in a bit today to enjoy the sunshine. Tossed the key in the photo to make it Toyota appropriate.

20240310_120940.jpg

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
What's not to like about an FN? Hammer, light trigger. All good. Have you spent any time with the CSX? I've been carrying that for almost 2 years now. With a little trigger work, I have no complaints. The 12rnd mag fits my hand perfectly and I like how the frame retains body heat when going from IWB to my hand. I've not found anything as small or smaller that feels/shoots better. No rail though. I'd like to try HK's newest when I get a chance.