• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Pew-pew discussion

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Umph.......easier buying SMG's back in the day but, 8 months later and all the paperwork finally went through and I can now make my mountain neighbors happy again!
36724582-42DE-4CDF-A9ED-668C38924E42.jpeg
358C09E8-6E65-48BC-8CF9-52DAAF2855B8.jpeg
F7BD9C96-2401-4499-9CC3-D04E02EA085A.jpeg
CBE06790-4048-4EAD-9BED-9CA2FE9E3F41.jpeg

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Congrats on the can getting out of jail. I need to get out and shoot my 30 cal can sometime soon. I wonder if 300blk ammo has become available again, probably haven't even looked in a year.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Congrats on the can getting out of jail. I need to get out and shoot my 30 cal can sometime soon. I wonder if 300blk ammo has become available again, probably haven't even looked in a year.

Now that I've gone through the process I'll be looking to add another one or two. The main problem is my older guns aren't threaded for one so that's another step.

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Wait, aren’t you pd? And you still need to wait the 6+ months for a stamp? If so that’s wicked lame.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Wait, aren’t you pd? And you still need to wait the 6+ months for a stamp? If so that’s wicked lame.

Nah, retired after 30 years in 2012 so I'm a no-body. As a matter of fact I think it took longer! (bought and applied in January and issued this month)

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Ignore the crap shooting skills… for me a swaying head shot is tough even at that distance…
Rather….
Marvel at how nice and qwiet a 45 acp canned up on a Thursday afternoon is

Sooo nice to be so quiet

View: https://youtu.be/HB46wO1bUs0

Not much is more fun than a scoped 22lr suppressed rifle at the edge of camp sitting in a chair plinking down range in near silence

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
But I don’t own any crap ass Glocks.

I’ve thought about one of the universal style cans that could put on more than one platform. I know folks who hunt with one but I just can’t see making my hunting rifle even longer. But the AR and various handguns where a barrel swap is easy could be fun.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
My .45 XDM is quiet, too. With a 9mm attachment. very versatile and .45 is naturally subsonic. Love that combo

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
if only it were that short. about 18 months on the one i have on my cz. i'm about 9 months in on the wait for my 30 pewpewshush. but i did do a buy one get one, so now, i need to buy another .22 for the free pewpewshush that i'm getting.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Shameless small business/ neighbor plug: ECCO Machine. If you want to jump right to cans, here's a link to their transferables.

The owner (Nick) was our family neighbor for ~20 years. He got tired of busting his knuckles repairing vehicles, so he dove head first into machining suppressors. I think he's creeping up on 8 years in the biz, and hasn't looked back.

He has an incredible eye for detail and has produced some pretty amazing builds. I've seen internal threading on barrels that match bore diameter with dizzying tolerances (+/- .0005") You want to mount a suppressor on your Colt Single Action Army, go right ahead. Practical? No. Impressive? Yes. Loud still? Yes.

If you're in the market for a suppressor, I'd suggest ECCO. Quality is up there, and often surpassing, the big names. Their price is competitive.

Side note: A good chunk of his portfolio is dedicated to fixing baffle strikes, poor quality, and converting weird mounts (Looking at you and your weird thread pitches AAC..) If you send him something from Surefire, Silencer Co, etc, you're going to get a better product on the back end.

Understandably, I carry some bias, but he's a good dude who stands behind an outstanding product.

I've got a Ruger 10/22 that's getting its barrel turned to host a Salamander (See below)
Paperwork is in for a 5.5" Phoenix TL (Also below) Host is a G19.

Now for the tease:

Phoenix TL (9mm) Weighing in at 6.29oz

20221027_164246-scaled.jpg

Salamander .22 (2.5oz)
Salamander.22.jpg

Susurrus CF Integrally Suppressed Rifle – .308

308 ISR.jpg

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Nah, retired after 30 years in 2012 so I'm a no-body. As a matter of fact I think it took longer! (bought and applied in January and issued this month)
This is the last SD I carried on the job before retirement. Carried it for close to 10 years along with other mission specific H&K's. (I still remember and had the Kell Light D cell flashlight mount that mounted on top) Everything started to change to 223 after 9/11. Being the Boss I never gave it up. So much has changed in the tactical and weapons world since 2012. I still belong to several LE Tactical Associations and it's amazing and reflective of the incidents they are task with now a days.
AB890A9A-EF73-4C2E-9D03-5E6822A5A920.jpeg

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
great pricing...just wish he was in wyoming so i wouldn't have to deal with tax stamps ;)
Good news! He's planning on moving to Wyo at some point. Colorado just isn't matching his vibe anymore.

Anyone have experience with the sig sauer p365 x macro?
I'm only familiar with the first gen P365. It's a phenomenal pistol. Ergonomic, simple, accurate enough for CCW purposes.
I can offer some advice. My basic points might even be sound.
Cursory Googl-fu looks like it should be a good host with a pre-threaded/extended barrel with a few potential barriers.
  • If you're going the pre-threaded route, you can pick up something like this. Standard thread pitch is going to fit nearly every 9mm can out there. That's just an example, I'm not recommending that particular barrel. You're gonna have to handle the research on that one.
    • I've seen cases with match grade barrels where external threads are cut. I have a Wilson Combat 1911 that I'd like to turn into a host. Wilson only sells extended, match grade barrels that can be threaded afterwards. It's a bit more tedious, but it's a route with a nod to accuracy. That's another discussion.
  • If you're looking to keep the EDC/CCW nature of this pistol, an extended barrel might require some retention considerations. A suppressor is difficult to carry appendix without some raised eyebrows. An extended barrel could imprint when you carry. Good news: Barrels swap easy.
Note: Sig offers the P365x Macro (Comp) with the compensated barrel. If you extended the barrel it would null the compensation. If you have a compensator, and a suppressor, you're... being... not smart. You're the gun equivalent of a 6" lifted truck with 27" rims and skinny MT's.

With the frame being compact, you may need a booster. It's a built in device that creates enough inertia to keep the cycle of function rolling.
Another Nod to ECCO machine: His titanium suppressors, with a booster, weight in around 3.5oz. That's barely noticeable when you hang it on the front end of a pistol.

Synopsis: Start filling out your Form 4. Might I suggest e-filing.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Anyone have experience with the sig sauer p365 x macro?
I love Sigs. I have several both from past work and now CCW. I will preface this with I know very little about the P365 X macro and have never fired one. With that said, this Saturday I was doing my LEOSA requal with Boulder Co SO and a retiree before me had the P365XM. He didn't requalify due the weapon wouldn't reliably feed and fire. The Range Officer, Armor and the Shooter fiddle with it for 30 minutes and couldn't get it to feed and fire. I have no idea how old, how cared for, how maintained or if any BS tactical "speed" modes were done to the pistol....it just didn't work. Kinda scary if he had been carrying it CCW!?
I wouldn't take this as any type criticism of the gun, just an observation. I've seen countless high dollar tweaked comp guns fail on the range while the out of the box factory gun just kept going. Who knows.

What ever gun you end up with.....train....train.....train.

This one (Sig Sauer P230) is probably older then some on this thread....Issued to me new in 1989 and carried in one capacity or another till 2017. A lot of bad guys saw the working end of it. Never, ever had a problem with it and it still runs solid to this day. Went back to Sig around 2002 for a full factory tune and new springs due to the amount of ammo put through it. I bought it form the SO when they traded them all in to go all Glock. Carried it and retired with it.
3EC0B78E-43F6-4149-AD76-46519C9AC76F.jpeg

Last edited: