Ouray - Sept. 2007

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Unfortunately, I'm going to back out of this as well. As much as I want to go Wyoming this week and SLC next week is too much. I'll have to make it up with the company trip to hawaii next month.:D Site #12 is open at ampitheater campground.

wesintl

RS Moderator
I'll take it ben. Subzali can split it with me :hill: unless nakman wants to let me use the pop up too, the 4j's is alot of gravel in teh rv spots

Bummer Ben, I missed you on the tbpdtbp and now ouray. :( Sounds like the new job is keeping you on your toes :D

subzali

Hard Core 4+
yeah Wes!

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
It has been suggested we do a potluck dinner this weekend. This is a great idea.

We will do it on Sunday evening, after the train and afternoon of wheeling. Here will be the suggested meal:
Everyone should bring whatever meat they would like to grill or cook in a dutch oven.

I will do 2 different types of dutch oven desserts. So now we will need others to contribute to the following categories:

Appetizers
Potatoes
Salads
vegetables
bread.

Please respond with what you will be bringing and how many will be attending before Wednesday, August 29 at 5:00 p.m.

Thanks. We look forward to seeing you this weekend and we will have a blast.

ttubb

Dinner Sunday

It has been suggested we do a potluck dinner this weekend. This is a great idea.

We will do it on Sunday evening, after the train and afternoon of wheeling. Here will be the suggested meal:
Everyone should bring whatever meat they would like to grill or cook in a dutch oven.

I will do 2 different types of dutch oven desserts. So now we will need others to contribute to the following categories:

Appetizers
Potatoes
Salads
vegetables
bread.

Please respond with what you will be bringing and how many will be attending before Wednesday, August 29 at 5:00 p.m.

Great idea, however Jo and I will be splitting off after Lake City to head back to Crested Butte. We need to be back Sunday night. Terry

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yeah, Saturday night would be better for me too. I was planning to head back north to my in-law's house in Cedaredge on Sunday night.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member

Appetizers
Potatoes
Salads
vegetables
bread.

Jeanette & I can be there. We'll bring some meat to grill and maybe some corn on the cob. Looking forward to it! :)

Jethro

Potluck

Hey Bruce,

There will be 2 of us. We will bring appetizers, but no tapioca!

Bruce

Chris

Hard Core 4+
:Princess: & I'll be there too. We'll bring salad/s of some sort along with something to cook on the grill.

Looking forward to a great time. :thumb:

:cheers:

Chris

Hard Core 4+
By the way, where and when are we meeting on Saturday? We are staying at Box Canyon hotel. Matt - we may be up for some wheelin on monday.

Post #26 - "We will leave the hot springs pool parking lot at 8:00 AM each morning."

:cheers:

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Believe it or not, we think the fastest way to Ouray from the Denver area is Highway 285 to Buena Vista, over Cottonwood Pass and down Highway 135(the highway between Crested Butte and Gunnison) to Gunnison, then on to Montrose then south to Ouray. We've taken this route the past 2 years and think it's the fastest. Believe it or not.

And, yes, be at the hot springs pool parking lot no later than 8:00AM on Saturday morning.

ttubb

Convoy

Believe it or not, we think the fastest way to Ouray from the Denver area is Highway 285 to Buena Vista, over Cottonwood Pass and down Highway 135(the highway between Crested Butte and Gunnison) to Gunnison, then on to Montrose then south to Ouray. We've taken this route the past 2 years and think it's the fastest. Believe it or not.

And, yes, be at the hot springs pool parking lot no later than 8:00AM on Saturday morning.

We will be leaving from Crested Butte Friday. What time do you think you will come through Gunnison? Maybe we can join up. Terry

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
We're driving up tomorrow, Thursday, morning. Will see you in Ouray.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member

Wow, being a Western State graduate and taking those routes many times that does sound hard to believe. The decent down the west side of Cottonwood Pass on the washboard road and the long Taylor Canyon would kill your time.

Wish I could join you - have a great time. I'm just a gimpy web wheeler this summer.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
If any of you think you might run over Hayden (or similar) on the way home Monday, shoot me a message. I'll be in Pagosa Springs all weekend with the family, and was thinking about alternate/scenic routes for the drive home.