• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Operation Lift Lift- Sunday Jan 10, 2021

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
@RicardoJM @sleeoffroad and all: Thanks for the input, It is greatly appreciated!

I will be posting up as soon as I get a read on the depth of our concrete pad. I’m planing to pick up some concrete drill bits unless someone here volunteers to come by and help us drill some pilot holes. Stay Tuned!

I’ve updated the date, we’re going to do this on Sunday 1/10/21 (I thought that was a Saturday but it’s a Sunday)

Last edited:

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Here the manual. You may want to make sure you have all the tools, or things in place of tools.

Attachments

• XPR-10-Series-Two-Post-Lift-Manual-5900951-BendPak.pdf
    6.9 MB · Views: 153

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Sounds like we are good on date from Scott and Michelle (the very nice couple donating this to the cause). They don't want any payment or gift for themselves, but if anyone thinks they might benefit from this or just wants to support something good they wouldn't mind a donation to a good cause. If you would like to please consider a small donation to food bank of the rockies through this gofundme.

I think it would be pretty nice if we could let them know that we raised some money for an important cause when we go pick up this lift.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Commenting to just say how awesome this! What great community we have here!

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
What timeframe are you looking at for Sunday?

WVU fan

Rising Sun Member
read through some of the manual - I can't attend but I have a corded sds+ hammerdrill and 3/4"x8 and 3/4"x12 sds+ bits if someone wants to grab from me. I looked here at work for anchors like the manual specs but came up with nothing longer than 3/4" x 3" so can't help you there

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
What timeframe are you looking at for Sunday?
Set aside the day lol but seriously, come early, come late, come for a bit, I am sure it will take a while. I suppose we’ll all meet at the garage at 9am on Sunday. Provided that date holds up between the weather and the homeowners schedule.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
Poke around on garagejournal.com and you'll see all kinds of discussions about lift installs. Concrete requirements, avoiding rebar, what to do if you hit rebar, etc. Pretty much every question you'll have has been asked and answered there. Great forum.

Mark

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
Turns out one of the neighbors here at the new space is a guy I met in Vegas last year. He does truck bed liners (and an increasing number of vehicle coating jobs)

He doesn’t own a cruiser, he hosted a wheel bearing packing party or two back in the day for Rising Sun!

He offered to bring his fork lift over and help set up the lift once we get it home.

And @sleeoffroad has a man-basket for a forklift that we can borrow!

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Turns out one of the neighbors here at the new space is a guy I met in Vegas last year. He does truck bed liners (and an increasing number of vehicle coating jobs)

He doesn’t own a cruiser, he hosted a wheel bearing packing party or two back in the day for Rising Sun!

He hosted the WBPP in 2010 and 2011. Your post got me to look up the 2010 Event Report and 2011 Event Report threads. Great memories.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Is this still on for 9am this Sunday? I'd still like to help anyway I can.

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
We’re meeting at the garage tomorrow (Sunday) at 9:30 am, planning to head over from there to the lift location at around 9:45
The garage: 2101 w Amherst Ave
Englewood, CO 80110