• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2011 WBPP Report

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Wow, what another great day for Rising Sun. A big thank you to Kevin Shipman and BT Bedliners for hosting us this year. The weather was great and Dave, Martin, Rick, Trey and Bill all got some good work done on their rigs today. Mike's wife will be enjoying here tinted windows. Tom, Zach, Dean, Dan and Tim were there to give a much needed hand on getting the work done and dealing with the inevitable issues that always seem to crop up. Our Commander was there first thing in the morning with donoughts and assisting with parts runs. Many more club members stopped by throughout the day.

There are some follow-up issues that will need to be addressed; if anyone has a lead on drivers side knuckle for a 82 Hilux - pm theboomboom.

Even though it was a longer day than we anticipated, it was a day very well spent. Here are some photos of the day for those that were not able to make it out.

:risingsun

w_2011wbpp001.jpg

w_2011wbpp002.jpg

w_2011wbpp003.jpg

w_2011wbpp004.jpg

w_2011wbpp005.jpg

w_2011wbpp006.jpg

w_2011wbpp007.jpg

w_2011wbpp008.jpg

w_2011wbpp009.jpg

w_2011wbpp010.jpg

w_2011wbpp011.jpg

w_2011wbpp012.jpg

w_2011wbpp013.jpg

w_2011wbpp014.jpg

w_2011wbpp015.jpg

w_2011wbpp016.jpg

w_2011wbpp017.jpg

w_2011wbpp018.jpg

w_2011wbpp019.jpg

L43dean

Rising Sun Member
Wbpp 2011

Thank You Ricardo and B&T Bed Liners! Several vintage Toyota 4WD's are now cruising aroud the Rocky Mtn. region in a way that would make Mr. Toyoda proud. It was fun to be with the good people of the Rising Sun. A grease fix indeed. Dean

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Huge thank you to Ricardo for organizing another great WBPP and to B&T for hosting us. :clap:

I also want to thank Dan, Dean and Zach for jumping in and helping me out with 40 front end. :bowdown: Thanks to Kevin too for finding me some new brake shoes in a pinch. :thumb:

So glad to finally get this done. It was a dirty job as I had 5 years of grease and red dirt caked under there and some leaking seals had trashed my brake shoes. Though it took a couple of hours longer than we had hoped, everyone, including the B&T guys were positive, super helpful, and we got it done.

:risingsun

Last edited:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Great work fellas!

Martin, keep wheelin' those coarse spline front birfs and front drums! :thumb:

satchel

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for all your work Ricardo. Everything went smoothly and your leadership in setting this up and carrying it out is much appreciated!

Trey

Dr. Schlegs

Hard Core 4+
Is that Safety Wire installed correctly? It looks like it should be going the other way, so that if the bolts loosen it would take up the slack in the wire. I don't use safety wire enough, to know for sure. :dunno:

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
Thanks to Ricardo :clap:for putting this together yet again...and a special thanks to Kevin @ B & T Bedliner for making his facility available to RS for the second year in a row... :woot: :clap: :woot:

Also want to say that it was great to see the guys that just dropped by for awhile to see how everyone was doing...

Gotta say that working on your rig on a lift is soooo good! :thumb: Thanks to Ricardo :bowdown: for putting me in front of BoomBoom on this one...See the pic of BoomBoom laying on his back on the concrete working on his rig...:cool:

:beer: I must say that you surely all missed out on the "AFTER PARTY" over at my office though. :beer: We had an open bar and dancing girls......and....sheetrock joint compound all over the place and an open bar and dancing girls...that was nice ending to a good half day of work on our rigs completed by all of us...........at least that's how I'll always remember it....:hill:

I'm sure that there's someone I forgot to mention (Oh yeah, thanks for the help on the caliper Timztoy!) just don't forget :risingsun !!!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Is that Safety Wire installed correctly? It looks like it should be going the other way, so that if the bolts loosen it would take up the slack in the wire. I don't use safety wire enough, to know for sure. :dunno:

Yes, it's correct. Although I probably could have puled it tighter. I you look at the direction the wire pulls, if one bolt loosens, it will tighten the bolts above and below.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Looks correct to me, slight tension keeping the bolts from vibrating anti-clockwise. Lefty loosey, righty tighty. Which, BTW, does NOT work on driver's side stock wheel nuts on a 1956 Plymouth, which has left hand threads on the left side. :)

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
Had a great time with all and Katie is enjoying the newly tinted windows. Great job guys!

Dr. Schlegs

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the info guys, I learn something new everyday. I have only used the safety wire once, and I might have done it incorrectly :eek:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the info guys, I learn something new everyday. I have only used the safety wire once, and I might have done it incorrectly :eek:

I did it quick and dirty since I was falling so far behind and wanted to get done. If I had more time, I would have done it like this:

DCP_9066.jpg

Same concept, but tighter and more time consuming to do.

:thumb:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Looks like a productive day for everyone:cool::thumb:

:beer:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Great work fellas!

Martin, keep wheelin' those coarse spline front birfs and front drums! :thumb:

No plans to change in the foreseeable future. That goes for the manual steering and 3-speed as well. :hill:

Ricardo, Sorry i did not make it. Been running around all weekend trying to get ready for our trip. Wish i could of taken the time to get it aligned. Maybe next year. Nice job as always.

TIMZTOY

Hard Core 4+
no problem guys. i had a good time.. possible next year ill actually do some work on my rig..

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
First one I've missed in 4 years :( One of my favorite events, and a great opportunity the new guys just getting acquainted with backwoods goop. Nice job Ricardo!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
First one I've missed in 4 years :( One of my favorite events, and a great opportunity the new guys just getting acquainted with backwoods goop. Nice job Ricardo!

I hear ya Matt! This was the first one I missed in 12 years. It has always been one of my favorite RS events.

Backwoodsgoop???

Cleaning up the thread - nothing of value in this post; RicardoJM

Last edited by a moderator: