• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Moab trails closed.

Burt88

Trail Ready

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Looked at it in the past, did not think much about it. Today a little search again, It's now on my, WILL do list.

cruiseroutfit

Wasatch Cruisers
Cruise Moab Committee
Kurt how did they shorten it @cruiseroutfit ? I ran it last spring and it was the same as the first time I ran it in say 2011? Camped at the campsite/trailhead. Picnic table was still up there. I got my trailer up there for the record.

The RMP for Monticello was 2008. So pre-2011. Prior to that you could drive in the wash north of Texas Canyon for a short distance. It's actually within the MLSNF but was always administered by the BLM. During the March 1 - August 31, the trail legally closes 0.5 miles south of the Forest Service boundary for Mexican Spotted Owl breeding. The RMP was reviewed in 2015 but I'm not familiar with any plan adjustments that took place affecting motorized routes. Fast forward a few president regimes later and this is back in the Bears Ears National Monument and thus being managed as part of the upcoming Bears Ears RMP. As I mentioned, we are looking pretty fortunate on this area compared to the recent Moab TMP and upcoming Swell RMP though it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Arch Canyon will be lost.

1710394758747.png

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

cruiseroutfit

Wasatch Cruisers
Cruise Moab Committee
Wow, that is an old photo! The paint on my 80 was nearly perfect when I showed up for that run (it got very scratched up on Arch Canyon).

That was our March 2007 Cruise Moab pre-run 😎

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Wow, that is an old photo! The paint on my 80 was nearly perfect when I showed up for that run (it got very scratched up on Arch Canyon).
and your hair had color ;)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
That was our March 2007 Cruise Moab pre-run 😎

My 80 still had a 2.5" OME lift and 33" tires in 2007. That was a fun run except for the part where Jack rolled his 40. That trip was the first time I met Royal Rose (and I haven't seen him many times since).

and your hair had color ;)

I miss that hair color. Now both my kids have it.