Ham and 2-Way Craigslist Thread

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I agree. Good solid dualbander for a smokin holiday price. Perfect entry point.
That's prolly 1/2 or less of its original price and less than 1/2 of a new FT-8800 or DR-635T, the closest current production radios. Looks like it was a base QTH rig, not beat up in a mobile use. Somebody really should grab it!

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Ed. Note: This is a typo, it's a FT-817ND

Yaesu FT-517ND - All mode/All band radio - $475 (Colo Spgs)
Here is a mint condition FT-517ND rig that comes with an internal battery, power supply, and a 20 meter portable antenna.

This second is the FT-817, the first generation of the radio. It's lacks the WARC bands and does have a different final power amp design that is slightly less reliable than the current FT-817ND (and I stress slightly). But with the BHI board this would be a very, very nice radio. I'm tempted to buy it and sell my FT-817ND...

Yaesu FT-817 with BHI DSP and dual filter board with 300hz and 2300hz - $550 (Fort Collins)
I bought this used 3 months ago for and haven't had time to play with it. The mic cord is yellow now because the one pictured broke a connector. Also included is a field manual for the radio. I think this thing needs a new speaker too, I just set it up and couldn't get any sound even though it was receiving and transmitting.

Yaesu FT-817 with BHI DSP and dual filter board with 300hz and 2300hz Collins filters

New with the options is over a grand. This one priced at $550

This is a very nice FT-817 with the upgraded PA board to cure the blown finals problem.

Installed from W4RT are the BHI DSP unit which is excellent. Also the One Board Filter with Collins 300hz and 2300hz mechanical filters.

Info here: http://www.w4rt.com/

After the finals went south a couple years ago, the PA board was replaced with the latest board that solves the blown finals problem. After installation, I tested the rig into a dummy load @ 5W keydown for 30 minutes and while it got really hot, there were no problems, so the new PA design seems solid.

There have been no mods to increase power (a bad idea even with the new PA). Full power is set to exactly 5W, as read on my OHR QRP meter. Lower output settings are right on the money.

Other enhancements include an 8-cell AA battery holder that has been fused to allow charging in the rig.

Also included is a Maha MN-FNB-72 1700 MaH NiMH pack. It will take a charge, but I have not tested capacity. I have been using Sanyo Eneloop AA cells with great success, so the Maha pack has little use.

With the DSP and filters, this little rig really performs well. The 2300hz Collins filter not only helps receive, but it really helps with transmit, allowing more audio punch in the right places, over the stock ceramic filter. I have made many SSB contacts on 5 watts into a 30 foot wire in a tree.

For CW, the 300hz filter gives this little rig great selectivity.

Included are the box, OEM whip antenna, mic, and strap. Unfortionately, I lost one of the strap brackets that mount on the rig, so if you want to use the strap, you will need to order a bracket from Yaesu.

I really hate to part with this little gem, as I have had a lot of fun with it, but I recently built an Elecraft K1 for CW, and an Elecraft K3 that I will be using for portable SSB and digital. Since I want some more options for the K3, the FT-817 needs to go to pay for them.

If you are looking for a loaded FT-817, you will be pleased with this one. All the options are installed, and it is ready for field day.

From what I understand, there is a mod to add 60M to this rig, but I never looked into that, as 5W ssb on 60M probably isn't very practical.

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
No WARC bands?

The Yaesu web site claims the FT-817ND will operate on all bands 160-10 meters, 6 meters, 2 meters, plus 70cm. How come this one won't work on the WARC bands? It seems to me that the one in Fort Collins comes with too much baggage. Too much bad history. And if it really doesn't have WARC band capabilities, it's not worth anywhere near the asking price. Buyer beware!

Seldom Seen

Hard Core 4+
The Yaesu web site claims the FT-817ND will operate on all bands 160-10 meters, 6 meters, 2 meters, plus 70cm. How come this one won't work on the WARC bands? It seems to me that the one in Fort Collins comes with too much baggage. Too much bad history. And if it really doesn't have WARC band capabilities, it's not worth anywhere near the asking price. Buyer beware!

The W4RT mods and the Collins filters alone are worth $400, more if the mods included the dual Heil mic elements.

The 1st gen 817's (non ND's) had a problems with the PA and it sounds like that problem has been fixed. 1st gens didn't have the WARC bands programed in, Yaesu has since released a firmware update to solve that problem as well ('cept 60 meters is not channelized, But we're hams and can figure that out ;) )

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Like Brian says, the early FT-817 (no ND) did not do WARC bands out of the box. The DSP is worth about $170 and the dual filter mod about $250. New the FT-817ND is about $625. The finals problem was a known issue and Yaesu did replacements to the power amp board that is in the current FT-817ND, so that in and of itself wouldn't be a huge worry. I agree that I would probably offer a bit less than he's asking, though. Two things would concern me, the battery modification can be problematic and whether or not the mods were done by W4RT or not.

http://www.w4rt.com/

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Yaesu VX-5R w/ accessorie​s - $175 (Arvada)

Not too bad of a price, desirable radio.

Yaesu FT-840 Amateur Transeiver w/ Tuner - $500 (Arvada)

Price seems a little high, but a solid radio. A new FT-450 is only $100 or so more and that is a much better radio (although the FT-450D with built-in tuner is more like $900). For $500 it seems to include the tuner, which makes it a better deal.

Yaesu FT-450AT /MT Amateur Radio - $600 (Aurora)

For comparison to the FT-840, something sorta like this one...

Yaesu FT-817ND + Extras - $500 (Colo Spgs)

I really like my FT-817, super fun radio... Price isn't super good, though.

Ham Radio/2Meter Transceiver - $200 (Golden)

This is a Radio Shack HTX-202. Popular radio, based on an ICOM design, although not sure if they actually built it. Thing is literally a brick but I just don't see why they command the price they do. It's a cult thing I guess.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Paging Gary! Nice radio, not a super great price for just the radio (new they are around $650). But the power supply is probably worth $100 and the FL-222 SSB filter, UT-106 and UT-102 are all combined worth another $500 so the package is a good deal.

IC718 w/PS85, Mike UT102, UT106 cables and SEC1235M - $650 (COS-Briargate)

Icom IC-718 100w HF all band Transceiver. Comes with Matching Icom PS85 AC (110v) power supply and cable, DC mobile cable, HM-36 Hand Microphone, SignaLink data cable, 13pin DIN pigtail cable. Serial # 01984. This model is still in production.
I got this transceiver less then a year ago and am now out of the hobby. I have not used this item more then ten times.
It works great and has the FL222 IF filter, UT102 Voice Synthesizer, and UT106 DSP/ANF receive circuit installed. On SSB you will be able to work all over the US and Canada, as well as England, Italy, Bosnia, Brazil, Azores, Cuba and Italy.

Its from a Non-Smoking shack.

Amateur License is required to transmit with this radio.

In addition, I am including a Samplex SEC1235M power supply.

Last edited:

84cruzer

Trail Ready
What a sweet deal! :thumb: I must have missed it! Don't really have the $$ right now anyway. Thanks for thinking of me, I will have something like that soon. :hill:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I know next to nothing about these, but look like an interesting SDR.

Universal Radio page: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/widerxvr/3100.html
Strong Signals page: http://www.strongsignals.net/access/reviews/reviews.cgi?type=display&rtype=fi&class=recv&num=012

ICOM IC-PCR100 - $90 (Erie)

I have some of these I'd like to sell. If you're interested call me @ 303-828-3864

icom ic-pcr 100
General Specifications

* 10kHz-824MHz, 849-869, 894-1300MHz range (USA)
* Scan rate 16cps
* WFM, FM, AM, Auto
* 1000 channels per file (50 channels x 20 banks)
* 1, 5, 6.25, 9, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100, 500kHz; 1MHz steps
* CTCSS
* Attenuator
* Automatic noise limiter (ANL)
* Narrow/wide filter
* Autostore
* 20 search limits
* Signal meter
* Bandscope
* Icom PCR-100 Specs

ham,radio,receiver,computer,communication,wide band,icom

Thanks

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Yaesu FT-817 Ham Radio - $400 (Wellington)

For sale an FT-817. It is not the "ND" version, but the finals have been replaced with ND finals.
Includes a laptop AC power supply w/ power pole connector, and stock mic.
Condition is good or better. Display has some small scratches, but they are small enough I can't get a picture of them and you have to look for them hard. Also a few scratches on the botton.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
This went QUICK, under a day!

This is a pretty good deal. I assume it's the older non-D model. The differences between the D and non-D are that the newer one includes the DSP board standard (this could be added to the older model) and the current model does 60 meters. They are otherwise identical AFAIK. This is unlike some changed models that include functional improvements (like the FT-817D has an improved power amp design, this is not a trivial change). Right now the FT-857D goes for about $850. The MH-59 mic is a nice upgrade, that's also worth about $50.

Ham/ Amateur Radio - $475 (Greeley, CO)

FT-857 ultra-compact HF/VHF/UHF Yaesu Transceiver with manual. Like new, non-smoking environment. Includes MH-59 DTMF Mic and power cord.

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Now this is interesting. :)

ham radio money - $165 (Ham Radio Outlet)
I have credit at the Ham Radio Outlet that i will most likely never use. The credit amount is $188.45 and i am selling it for $165.00. We would just need to meet at the store and transfer it to your callsign.
p.s....i also have a 10 meter-3 element antenna (plus rotator) for sale.

thanks

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Arguably one the best radios Yaesu has /ever/ made. Thinking if I maybe sell a radio or two...

HAM RADIO: YAESU FT-1000MP MARK V - $1650 (GREELEY, CO)

NEAR-MINT, ORIGINAL OWNER, NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT, 200 WATTS OUT, DUAL RECEIVERS, INCLUDES: FP-29 PS, SP-8 EXTERNAL SPEAKER, MH-31 DYNAMIC MIC, YF-114SN AND YF-110CN INRAD FILTERS, CABLES, OPERATING MANUAL, TECHNICAL OVERVIEW MANUAL, SERVICE MANUAL ON DVD, SALES BROCHURE, QST PRODUCT REVIEW, AND ORIGINAL BOXES.

2360lrg.jpg

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
A new FT-817ND is about $650, decent deal. I really like the little 817, very cool radio.

Yaesu FT-817ND (Complete Station) - $500 (Colo Spgs)

Up for sale is a Yaesu FT-817ND all-mode all-band ham radio. It is in MINT condition with extras such as a Yaesu case, a 20M Maldol antenna, a Radio Shack power supply and various connectors. It even comes with a 20M homebrew antenna for better performance. It has never been used outside and doesn't have a few hours of transmit time.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
So do you suppose it was the guns or radios that made her reconsider?

Trade engagement ring and mens wedding band - $700 (Denver, co)

Engagement ring is a .25 karat solitaire diamond on a size 5.25, 18K gold band.

Mens ring is a size 12.5 tungsten carbide ring with a cross pattern around it.

Both rings are in excellent condition. I have signed appraisals for both from Shane Co. Both appraised at $385 each.

I am looking to trade both rings for reloading equipment of equal value. Sorry, not interested in any products from Lee. Prefer RCBS or Hornady. Just getting in to reloading so I need EVERYTHING to get started.

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY, PLEASE NO SERVICES, WILL CONSIDER OTHER TRADE OFFERS, ESPECIALLY HAM RADIO EQUIMENT.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
This is pretty close (within about $25 or so) to what a new in the box one goes for, but still local, no sales tax, no shipping costs and might be able to talk him down.

YAESU VX-7R Radio - $300 (Decatur)

YAESU model VX-7R Radio, purchased approximately 4 months ago, took a ride to Argentina, however - never used, has 2 pre-set channels (AMGA and Grajales - if you're ever in Argentina), will ship at no extra cost.

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
This is pretty much exactly the rig I'm running.

YAESU 857/ATAS-120 - $985 (AURORA, CO)

HAM RADIO YAESU 857D with remote mic (MH59) and YAESU ATAS-120 self tuning antenna (list $799 + 74.99 + 339.95 = $1213.94) with all cables needed to hook up as mobile,. Exsellent condition and works 100%, KD0ESU. call 303.353.9305 $985.00 FIRM