Finally got one! 82' FJ40

jettaglxdriver

Hard Core 4+
man I wish I was able to buy me a 40. Oh well I have a 60 that I really like also that is going to get lots of love yet.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
1957-1965 and 1966-1984 was the difference in hard tops I thought...Is your pic the early windshield with the big vent under the glass? Yours looks like the 1958-1964 frame. The wipers were the same from 1958-67 so 64 through 67 used the singles in the same holes. 68 did too but they were weird. Keep in mind that the production date doesn't always match the year of the truck.

early corrugated tops are completely different, then 66-74 tops had notches for the wipers and 75 and up did not have wiper notches. 58-64, did not have the big lip to bolt to the w/s frame, it just sat there, also it's not the same dimensions as the 66 and up tops.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
The holes of individual motor vs single motor are in different locations though, correct?

Here's a pic of a '66 windshield and slightly later (probably 67-71ish) hardtop. The wipers don't align with the cutouts in the hardtop.

656457394_jAJgP-S.jpg

that is a post 66 top, but interesting to note that the wiper cutouts are in the wrong place. is the w/s a 66 w/s or is it an earlier w/s with the individual wiper motors as opposed to one wiper motor and a cable transmission.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
that is a post 66 top, but interesting to note that the wiper cutouts are in the wrong place. is the w/s a 66 w/s or is it an earlier w/s with the individual wiper motors as opposed to one wiper motor and a cable transmission.

The rig is either a 65 or 66. No vent on the windshield, but it has the individual motors.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
are the 9/77-1984 windshield frames thinner as well? My hardtop doesn't quite line up fore/aft with my windshield frame - adding to the jet takeoff noise I hear when inside driving down the highway...

...but I guess I don't have the nozzle hole for the high sprayer, so I must have the right windshield and I'm pretty sure the fiberglass cap is original. Hmmmm maybe something just got bent up over the years...

BTW nice looking truck Marco! :thumb:

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I saw that somewhere else and emailed him back and forth.. I think that's why he specified no shipping this time :)

dangit.