Finally got one! 82' FJ40

rover67

Rising Sun Member
So i finally landed one! Got it last night :beer:

The rear quarters are kinda rusty, the doors and windshield frame don't match, and it came with no hard top, but other than that it's pretty cool!

it's an 82 with 136000 miles. Seems to be running pretty well, and the tranny shifts nice. I think with a little body work it should turn out pretty nice :)

I ordered a steering pivot rebuild kit, and some new seat covers today. First of many parts i'm sure. Next on the list is to go through the vacuum lines and figure out why it's got a high idle and shudders every once in a while. That'll be for tomorrow. As is it passed emissions though! Got new tags and everything set up today :)

I'll slowly be going through the thing this winter and will probably be using it as my main mode of transportation for a while. It'll give me a chance to get the 60 fixed up and do some things I've been needing to get done for a while that involve taking it off the road for a little while.

Pics aren't that great, I parked it near the garage and forgot I needed to snap a few so it was a squeeze.

DSCN7197 (Medium).JPG
DSCN7198 (Medium).JPG
DSCN7199 (Medium).JPG
DSCN7200 (Medium).JPG
DSCN7196 (Medium).JPG
DSCN7197 (Medium).JPG
DSCN7198 (Medium).JPG
DSCN7199 (Medium).JPG
DSCN7200 (Medium).JPG
DSCN7196 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

TIMZTOY

Hard Core 4+
Sweet looking rig man. Take the doors off an you wouldn't even notice the mismatched paint. :thumb:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i wonder why they changed the bib and bezel?

wesintl

RS Moderator
mini hulk :thumb:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
wait - did you say "fj40" and "main method of transportation" in the same clip?

rover67

Rising Sun Member
i wonder why they changed the bib and bezel?

It was in some sort of a wreck a while back. I think that's the same reason the windshield frame is different.

what are the bib and bezel supposed to look like?

edit: nevermind.. the bezel is round. how the hell did I miss that? now what's different about the bib?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
It was in some sort of a wreck a while back. I think that's the same reason the windshield frame is different.

edit: nevermind.. the bezel is round. how the hell did I miss that? now what's different about the bib?

headlights are a touch wider apart and the bezel is square instead of rounded on the corners.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
wait - did you say "fj40" and "main method of transportation" in the same clip?

You got it. That's if I can figure out the vacuum lines. Holy heck, I just spent an hour out there and even with the manual made it worse.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+

didn't even catch the windshield, but yeah, it's a 66-74 setup. don't expect to drop your windshield unless you either change the hood holddowns to earlier model or the windshield to later model. oh, and before someone else catches it, your bezel's upside down;)

other than that, it looks pretty nice. get the doors painted to match and enjoy it.:thumb:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Can you see something that looks different here in the front bib section? Oh and I am soooooooo disappointed that the bib police let you slide so far....

gs1.jpg

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Very nice. :cool:

Where did you find it? I don't recall seeing this one on CL.

Congrats. Looks like a good rig. My rig was in a wreck at one point in its life too and so far I have found 3 different paint jobs underneath.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
You got it. That's if I can figure out the vacuum lines. Holy heck, I just spent an hour out there and even with the manual made it worse.

An '82 to should be pretty similar to a stock FJ60. You're welcome to compare to mine if needed.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Can you see something that looks different here in the front bib section? Oh and I am soooooooo disappointed that the bib police let you slide so far....

gs1.jpg

I know, I know!!!

Good looking rig Marco, but wheres Mead gonna hang out:confused:

:beer::beer:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
nice, Marco.

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Very cool Marco, very cool indeed. You will get the basics sorted out pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing you new ride up close.:D