Confession?

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Distributor was off a tooth, rookie mistake! she purrs like a damned kitten!!!! No smoke on start up and no more knock from the power steering gear! No more idler pulley chirp! Quiet valve train! No more bubbles in the coolant reservoir!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
More Gamiviti goodness!
It’s almost like the antenna mount was designed for an 80... :)

Attachments

• 6DFE7602-9544-480F-AF2E-488578CFE22F.jpeg
    6DFE7602-9544-480F-AF2E-488578CFE22F.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 193

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Very nice! I remember just sitting there for a minute after both of my head gasket jobs, going over everything again. Those first few seconds of cranking and running are freaky. Glad you got it sorted! Looking very nice in the engine bay!

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Awesome. All gassed up, and nowhere to go.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Oh I don't know, not sure what direction the powertrain will take yet. I told myself I'd see how long the 1fz could take the flogging before retiring it or doing anything like a turbo or whatever. This was just an attempt to give it a fighting chance. I guess I could throw a turbski on it pretty easily.

When's yours getting bolted up?!

Last edited:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I guess I was hoping for a startup video, so I'm kinda pining away here...

And now that you've fixed the Achilles heel of the 1FZ I'm not sure you'll ever "have" an excuse to replace it? You'll have to "make" an excuse :D

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
So cool Marco, great job! I am always so impressed by how well/how fast you fix stuff. :bowdown:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Was is dis!!??
75FECCB3-148A-4AE6-B9CA-4C39042F5B21.png

rover67

Rising Sun Member
the green truck?

Its a 1952 M38 WIllys. I got it a few years ago. It was abandoned on a property near us and i wrote the property owners a letter and they ended up letting me have it as long as they could have a ride in it when i got it running.

Last edited:

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Welp, the second test drive revealed a few things.....

First off the Winch is phenomenal. It'll pull the rig right outtta snow and the remote control is pretty cool when you are rigging by yourself.

Second, the APRS works a treat. Sent a message to my honey. She got it.

Third, there is a massive power steering leak.... LOL.

Capture.JPG

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
My power steering had issues after reassembly as well. The $60 NAPA high pressure hose that looked good ended up failing before leaving the shop. It went back. The original was re-installed but then failed shortly there after but at least only a slow leak. The $320 OEM new hose went in. All is good. Lesson learned. Just bite the bullet and generally buy OEM.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Do you have a hidden winch or something? Didn't see it mentioned earlier in the thread. What did you end up with? I just went back through this thread, you've really been doing a lot of killer work lately!

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Beauty man. (y)