• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Bourbon Confessions

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
If your crystal decanter is lead crystal, it's not recommended for long term storage of liquids.... having lead, and all.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
If your crystal decanter is lead crystal, it's not recommended for long term storage of liquids.... having lead, and all.
True. Thanks. It's a good one........Besides, I had my fill of paint chips in my childhood! Cheers.

PhillyB77

On some Blanton's last night and tonight. Good stuff

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Definitely enjoying this one. The rye and apricot are strong but not at all overpowering. Very nice, so nice I’ll enjoy this one neat moving forward.

D353B33E-2C7A-4017-B581-1DAC65E42E16.jpeg

1A8D37F1-C8CB-4BA5-8C5B-A4E90E739CDB.jpeg

Last edited:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
My first rye purchase. Historically, I have been mostly into single malts, but I’m really enjoying the rye whiskeys.
So far I’ve purchased this knob creek and the high west double rye. Both are quite different from each other but very enjoyable! Cheers!
5E8668CF-B621-4B60-9493-E14ECB331114.jpeg

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I’m not sure why I never joined this thread.

(this first post is a long one but read on because there’s a tasting event on Monday 8/7 I’m inviting you to)

After 20 hours driving Longcruiser with @nakman I just caught up on 13 pages.

Anyone here have impressions on Laws? I got this through a raffle.View attachment 99867

Yes. I love Laws. My local liquor store here and Sloans Lake had a nice barrel selection of years ago that I splurged on and I’ve been a fan ever since.

I like the Bullitt and Redemption Rye for my mixed rye drinks. Both those are around $25

Try the redemption rye 7 year. one of the best I've ever had. and well, i've had a lot. (it's around 75.00) :eek:
j

I love that redemption.

In my experience, solid whiskeys are between $55 and $65. Really good whiskeys are $75+, but they're less reliably so. AD Laws, Breck, Redemption 7, are all really good.
My sponsor is my high school buddy Dave Schmier. Dave created Redemption Rye. I’m so glad to see fans of redemption here. One day the original three bottle pack showed up at my house and I knew Dave had a home run. There’s lots a great spirits that either don’t get marketing well or are in an over saturated segment like vodkas. Dave was early on the rye train. Some would say he was one of the starters. That name redemption rye was just so easy it rolled off the tongue as good as the rye.

After selling the brand, he created a new brand called Proof and Wood. And bought an orange Porsche. Used but still….

Dave was also the ultimate inspiration for me buying LongCruiser. That’s one I’ll tell in person.

Since he made me do something so fantastically, wonderful, reckless, stupid and fun, only natural that he is the official sponsor of LongCruiser. In other words, for me being an idiot and a couple of stickers he keeps my bar stocked.

IMG_1266.jpeg

Fresh stock arrived today.

IMG_1393.jpeg

Look them up. These are all award-winning spirits.

And now, an amazing opportunity happening this Monday night at 7 PM.

Dave can get a few people in. Not sure how many. If you’re interested and available either post up here or PM or text me. I’ll keep track of who’s interested and reach out to Dave Sunday night to see how many we got and how many we want to get in.

My current plan is to drive longcruiser downtown around six and work real hard to get parking close to, or even in front of the bar on Larimer Street. You’d be welcome to to meet me at my house and Sloans Lake for the drive down and it’s under $10 to Uber back if you need to leave downtown before I did. Or meet at the bar.

If you read this far than one more comment. In January, I was hanging out with Dave and got to meet Jared wrap up in Vail. Jared is one of the owners of Traverse City Whiskey. Quite tasty. Having some now.

image.jpg

WillysManVan

Rock Stacker
I do Whiskey and History tours, so to be able to combine this with my new passion is incredible! I'll be sure to bring a bottle if I can ever make a trail run.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member