• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2019 Triple Bypass Run - CANCELLED

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Yeah what about pushing into September?
That may very well be what happens. I'm going to call the ranger office for down there and see if they have an educated guess if Pearl will open at all this year. I know the report earlier in the thread says it's closed for the year but maybe that will change?

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
The last few lines from the referenced article:

"Pitkin County commissioners have signed off on leaving the road as it is for the time being to allow snow and ice to melt, Pettet said.

Meanwhile, Buckingham said Friday he will likely keep at it until the snow flies again. But don’t expect miracles, he said.

“This year, it’s not happening,” Buckingham said of opening the road. “Maybe it’s possible — but no.”

Another quote from a known philosopher..

"So you're telling me there's a chance...........YEAH!! I read you."

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
I called the Aspen Ranger District and they said that it wasn't definite either way that it will stay closed this year. She said there are people working on it but it's mostly volunteers. I'll keep checking on it and maybe even drive down there some time in the next few weekends.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Sooooo.....I keep seeing all of these reports about the carnage that the avalanches have caused and I just don't think this is going to happen this year. Unless you guys can convince me otherwise, I'm going to cancel this particular run. :whiteflag::bawl:

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Sorry guys, this is being cancelled due to trail conditions. We'll try again next year, I promise.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
probably makes sense to postpone till next year. another year to scheme and can explore what it's looking like this year.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
That sucks you had to cancel but know I can plan to attend next year hopefully.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Soooooooooo... Maybe 2020 will be the year??

I say this on the eve of another big storm LOL
Yep, been thinking about it a lot. @Mendocino just asked me about this actually. I’ll get a thread going.

wesintl

RS Moderator
It will depend on if the tinker toy logs from last season can be cleared on the aspen side this summer. I'm out tho, somehow i got into the leadville 100

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Basaltfj40

Trail Ready
Maybe I will skin or sled up that way here in the next couple weeks and see how far they got last summer