• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

2019 Triple Bypass Run - CANCELLED

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Rachel (daughterofromer) wants to sign up. Her married names is Rachel Scott

chillbill

Rising Sun Member
I would like to go if a a spot is still available

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Updated the 1st post.

Again, these runs rarely end up with the original list of people so please continue to post up if you want to go. Life happens and things change. I'll keep the first post updated and will also post up a tentative route over the next few weeks.

I've got plans for a patch, sticker and even a shirt so stay tuned!

This is going to be GREAT!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
i guess add me to the waiting list please

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Triple Bypass

Traditionally, after year 1, the three passes (Italian Creek, Pearl and Taylor) were run in one day. They have had base camps in Dorchester (Typically) and Crested Butte (only one I can remember--but I'm getting old and memory is the first to go).

The original intent was to run all three passes in one day, with a centralized camp area to make that convenient, hence the "Triple Bypass" moniker. The very first run had Schofield, Pearl and Taylor, but that required tearing up camp and setting back up later, hence the reason for subbing in Italian Creek for Schofield.

Bruce's health has really put a damper on them being able to lead trails over the past few years, so like the Ouray run, they understand the Triple Bypass will morph into what the club is interested and/or passionate about now. Please keep them in your thoughts when doing the run--I know they will appreciate it!

If there is anything needing help with on logistics, Barbara would be happy to give guidance here on the forum or via email. Just let her know through a PM to me, or a PM to Bruce Miller. Otherwise, get out and enjoy!!

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Traditionally, after year 1, the three passes (Italian Creek, Pearl and Taylor) were run in one day. They have had base camps in Dorchester (Typically) and Crested Butte (only one I can remember--but I'm getting old and memory is the first to go).

The original intent was to run all three passes in one day, with a centralized camp area to make that convenient, hence the "Triple Bypass" moniker. The very first run had Schofield, Pearl and Taylor, but that required tearing up camp and setting back up later, hence the reason for subbing in Italian Creek for Schofield.

Bruce's health has really put a damper on them being able to lead trails over the past few years, so like the Ouray run, they understand the Triple Bypass will morph into what the club is interested and/or passionate about now. Please keep them in your thoughts when doing the run--I know they will appreciate it!

If there is anything needing help with on logistics, Barbara would be happy to give guidance here on the forum or via email. Just let her know through a PM to me, or a PM to Bruce Miller. Otherwise, get out and enjoy!!

Thanks so much for posting this up! I definitely want to do the run justice by ensuring it keeps with tradition and this type of info will definitely help with that.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
This is a run I never was able to make in the past and couldn't even guess on my schedule at this point for next summer. But a though on the size of the group. If you did the central base camp plan you could in theory have a 2nd group of 10 rigs run in the opposite direction and everyone enjoy camp together. But I'm not familiar enough with the routes to know if anything is officially one way? And of course you'd need another set of trail leaders.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
This is a run I never was able to make in the past and couldn't even guess on my schedule at this point for next summer. But a though on the size of the group. If you did the central base camp plan you could in theory have a 2nd group of 10 rigs run in the opposite direction and everyone enjoy camp together. But I'm not familiar enough with the routes to know if anything is officially one way? And of course you'd need another set of trail leaders.

Good idea! We'll definitely have to take that into consideration!

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
You will need to decide if you are doing upper Italion or lower also. Upper has some medium size rocks. Lots of fun but a fairly brutal day. ��

I would like to get on the wait list.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I would like to get on the wait list.

If Jason brings his tentMahal with stove and XL whiskey bottle, he should be made a priority invite. :)

Tentmalhal, stove and Xl whiskey bottle. Oh yah I'll bring the whole setup.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
I'm not above being schmoozed. Jason will definitely have a spot on the trip.