• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

2019 Triple Bypass Run - CANCELLED

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Would be interested in having my name added to the back up list. Went past the entrance to Pearl this summer on my way up to the Montezuma Basin and saw a tricked out 80 coming down. Would be interested in hitting Schofield and Electric this summer as well.

Thanks,

Todd

ddelong6767

Lifted
I'm interested in this one, depending on dates. There's a lot of cool events on the calendar in that timeframe! Please keep me on the waitlist. If nothing else everyone is welcome to stop in my shop in BV on your way out or back if you need anything (fingers crossed for no carnage!). The Cottonwood pass paving project is slated to be complete by Memorial Day so heading down 285, through BV and over is an option for getting over to Crested Butte and beyond.

Basaltfj40

Trail Ready
Finally the pass will open it's been so long.......

ddelong6767 what is your shop?

ddelong6767

Lifted
Finally the pass will open it's been so long.......

ddelong6767 what is your shop?

Well Sorted Automotive. I do mostly restoration/modification work on classic cars and trucks. I'm not solely focused on Land Cruisers but I am definitely doing a lot of work on them currently (I've had multiple 60's and and FJ80 in my personal fleet at various times). I'm currently doing a full restoration and Cummins R2.8 install on a 67 FJ40 and will be starting an LS swap on another 67 FJ40 in about 2 weeks. My personal rig is an LS-swapped 60 that's always undergoing changes - next up is an 80-series front suspension. I'll be at Cruise Moab this year as a Vendor/Sponsor and anyone is welcome to swing by my place in Buena Vista if you're passing through during wheeling season. There's usually a few interesting projects around to look at!

Basaltfj40

Trail Ready
That's great I'll have to swing by and you out

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Original post updated!

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Also, in case you haven't looked already, I attached a .gpx file for the tentative route. I made this route in Gaia so please chime in if I made a wrong turn somewhere.

O2bIN4LOW

New-ish
I remember going on the triple by pass run WAY back in the day with my dad James Bingham. We had the idea to test out his new bikini top and tube doors on his '82 fj40, people passing us going up Eisenhower tunnel while it was snowing looked shocked and amazed! Haha "just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it work great time!" And a great time it was!!

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Bump to keep this on everyone's mind. It's going to be a lot of fun!

Basaltfj40

Trail Ready
Let the planning start..... given that I am currently a plumber..... I am a professional chef of 15 years .... with that being said Saturday night I am willing to pick up and prep and cook all the food if everyone wants to throw down$$?(split equal ways)(can also accommodate dietary restrictions) I have a camp chef 3 burner I can strap to the top if someone can bring the propane? You name it let's take a poll... Mexican,Italian, Asian, BBQ....................? Anything but shushi( not saying it can't be done).

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Let the planning start..... given that I am currently a plumber..... I am a professional chef of 15 years .... with that being said Saturday night I am willing to pick up and prep and cook all the food if everyone wants to throw down$$?(split equal ways)(can also accommodate dietary restrictions) I have a camp chef 3 burner I can strap to the top if someone can bring the propane? You name it let's take a poll... Mexican,Italian, Asian, BBQ....................? Anything but shushi( not saying it can't be done).
Very nice! I'm definitely down for that!

Basaltfj40

Trail Ready
I figure since I live so close I'm going to try to put some days of work in on the weekends to help the cause!
IMG_0337.JPG

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Add me as well. Will need to get ham radio... we did pearl pass last year... we enjoyed it very much... lots of camping near Crested Butte.

wesintl

RS Moderator
yeah a new avi path with 3ft spruce will hinder things. Won't know til end of july what might be possible. Schofield could be the same. One year we ran the TBP labor day weekend because of the heavy snow that year. It was snowing over cottonwood on the way there, Turned out nice to run it that weekend tho