Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yeah, now that you mention it. LOL

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Iowa is so flat, never really think about parking brake! 😑

rover67

Rising Sun Member
We’ll that’s flippin fantastic! That thing looks so clean too!! I’m so excited for you!!

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Oh, Godzilla! Looking so good. Must have been a blast to put a few miles on it. 👍

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Killer job Martin! I laughed out loud at the roll away as others have mentioned as the same thing happens in my Stout because my E-brake isn't hooked up.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Awesome dinosaur you’ve brought back to life! :zilla:

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@MDH33 I haven’t commented once yet this whole time, but I’ve certainly been “following along at home”. This is truly amazing work you’ve done. Maybe one day you’ll drive it back out to Colorado for all of us to see.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Yea man
That’s a long road not necessarily recognized how long by most

Job well done Martin

Super cool

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I've been driving the stout and it's running better! It keeps popping the fuse for the guages which is unnerving since I'm trying to keep an eyeball on the temp since the radiator is still leaky, but I have a replacement radiator incoming from CA which will help. Just blasting around the hood has already helped with the misfire and rough idle. I have been cleaning up some wiring, brake lights and signals work! and I got new lenses for the tail lights (same as fj45lpb). Big improvement. Old ones were cracked, opaque and covered in overspray. Still looking for those tiny round reflectors though...

i-k2j4T8m-L.jpg

i-C8hNqsx-L.jpg

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Is that the stock license plate mount? I don't think I've ever seen a Stout with one still mounted.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Is that the stock license plate mount? I don't think I've ever seen a Stout with one still mounted.
It is! I cleaned the little window in the bottom of the tail light which illuminates it. Pretty cool. I 'm missing the spare tire carrier though, so on the hunt for that still.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
i-dtQjXQg-L.jpg

Side mirrors were an option on the Stout and there are a few different versions based on the manual. They are impossible to find.

However, I came across this add for the optional camper ($2000 truck +camper - new!o_O) and I noticed it has fj40 style telescoping arms and round mirrors. Got me thinking I might be able to make this work - with some modification - if I can find some telescoping arms and mirrors. I don't want to drill more holes, but if I find a set of arms, I might be able to modify/shorten them to bolt in the same spot on the door where I removed the broken Ford mirrors.

Anyone have a set of arms/ mirrors they want to sell? I`m going to cut them down and it might not work, so I am trying to not buy new ones if possible!

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
i-dtQjXQg-L.jpg

Side mirrors were an option on the Stout and there are a few different versions based on the manual. They are impossible to find.

However, I came across this add for the optional camper ($2000 truck +camper - new!o_O) and I noticed it has fj40 style telescoping arms and round mirrors. Got me thinking I might be able to make this work - with some modification - if I can find some telescoping arms and mirrors. I don't want to drill more holes, but if I find a set of arms, I might be able to modify/shorten them to bolt in the same spot on the door where I removed the broken Ford mirrors.

Anyone have a set of arms/ mirrors they want to sell? I`m going to cut them down and it might not work, so I am trying to not buy new ones if possible!
Wonder how much that is adjusted for inflation

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yep

Calculate the Value of $2,000 in 1967​

What is $2k in 1967 worth in today's money?

$18,042

Adjusted for inflation, $2,000 in 1967 is equal to $18,042 in 2023.
Annual inflation over this period was 4.01%.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Hey Martin, when do Godzilla's yellow eyes shine? Running lights, turn signals?? More pics, please.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Here you go Steve!
Students are all away for Spring break, campus is a ghost town & stadium is 3 or 4 blocks away... ;)

i-rqMrpZj-L.jpg

i-DPfxSdk-L.jpg

i-4XpfXDk-L.jpg

i-tzdpdjT-L.jpg
There they are! Parking lights? Very cool and you are driving the sweetest truck in town. Awesome.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Best 2wd content ever!