Yankee Doodle Lake Kiosk Installation Party

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i can go up friday. i will have the ford, what else do i need to haul?

Beater

Hard Core 4+
Ok - We Need A Generator!!!!!

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
John, Is someone hauling the kiosk itself? What are the dimensions of the pieces? Would they fit in a truck bed?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I believe John is hauling the kiosk himself, and will need help to load it Friday night at his place (??? I think), but will let John confirm this.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Showing my ignorance, we need the generator for the welder?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
For a grinder, per John. Seems like high effort/low benefit but I am not sure what he has in mind in all fairness.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
For a grinder, per John. Seems like high effort/low benefit but I am not sure what he has in mind in all fairness.

You might be able to buy a 1000watt inverter cheaper than the rental fees! When done you'll still have the inverter which will easily run any cappacino maker or blender out there!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Don't grinders run on compressed air? Geez there oughta be some of that available.. I vote the club pays someone back for a CO2 fill, like $15-$20 at Christo's shop, right?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I'll probably be showing up late to the party, can't make it until mid-afternoon Saturday, but I will still try and bring what I can - auger-style posthole diggers etc.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I have a Dynabrade 7" pneumatic grinder and 50 grit sanding discs that I would be willing to lend to the project if I get it back sunday afternoon. Any interest?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I have a pneumatic grinder too, so with John's approval we can go with that.
I have a CO2 bottle or two I can bring for the effort.

Easy button. It's all about easy.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I'll probably be showing up late to the party, can't make it until mid-afternoon Saturday, but I will still try and bring what I can - auger-style posthole diggers etc.

No problem!

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i will be picking bens welder up thurs night and getting kiosk from john friday night (anyone who cares to help load it, it is bulky and we'd appreciate the help). i will be going up early sat am.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
ok - so... WE STILL NEED A GENERATOR IF POSSIBLE. we will kill 2 co2 bottles doing this with a die grinder. I have all the consumables for finish work(I use them for my art work), however I don't have cut off wheels or grinding wheels for die grinders. I would really prefer to bring a 110v generator, or a 2500w inverter if it exists.

Ige and I are loading up friday night in her truck. I will be bringing my 80 with a rear batt for the ready welder. Will need to have another yellow top if we use my batt.

I would like everyone to post up with what they are doing in this thread, like a check in.

I am bringing sledge, grinders, consumables, welding gear, shovel, 5gal water (potable), post level, long level, string level.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Auger, post driver. I can bring two CO2 bottles if that is the only option. Somewhere I have a 1200W inverter never yet used, but that appears to not be big enough.

Tch2fly

Rising Sun Member
I will purchase and bring the concrete (9 bags as the minimum).

I will go up early Sat AM and can work until we finish. At this point I plan to head home at the end of the day.

(If there will be wheeling the next day please post up plans... I would like to run Jenny Creek on Sunday with my son since he has to work Sat)

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I'm bringing a 55 gal. drum of water. I will be up as early as I can Saturday (probably not before 10am as I have some stuff to do for the wifey Saturday early) and staying until things are finished Sunday. I can bring some shovels, rock bars and sledges too.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Jeanette and I will be bringing the 8 green posts for stabilizing the kiosk up on Saturday morning. Do we need to be able to drive those in before Daniel gets there Saturday afternoon with the "Sex Machine". If so I can swing by and pick it up from him.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
Jeanette and I will be bringing the 8 green posts for stabilizing the kiosk up on Saturday morning. Do we need to be able to drive those in before Daniel gets there Saturday afternoon with the "Sex Machine". If so I can swing by and pick it up from him.

might be a good idea.