Yankee Doodle Lake Kiosk Installation Party

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Nite nite Jenny Creek folks! I am still very bummed I'm not going but I will feel better this time tomorrow as I surf on this laptop next to the surf outside our hotel sucking on whatever beverages I can get them to bring me! Don't worry....I'll be all right! :rolleyes: :p: :cheers:

GET-R-DONE and make Bill proud! :bowdown: :bill:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
is the place dog friendly? meaning how's the traffic these days around the lake, is a dog off leash (when the ranger isn't around) a problem?

skyler as many of you know is quite high energy, and he hasn't had any exercise in a while...

I will be bringing the blender, but my air solution is down right now, and my co2/nitro tank is empty.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
The lake tends to be busy... I dunno, Skyler might be a handful. Lots of traffic.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Nite nite Jenny Creek folks! I am still very bummed I'm not going but I will feel better this time tomorrow as I surf on this laptop next to the surf outside our hotel sucking on whatever beverages I can get them to bring me! Don't worry....I'll be all right! :rolleyes: :p: :cheers:

GET-R-DONE and make Bill proud! :bowdown: :bill:
Aw, heck... I'm already proud. And tired! And I haven't done any of the physical work! Guess that points to what really wears a fella out.

You enjoy that time off there bucko, and thanks for the kind words.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Can someone summarize camping plans and where late arrivals should go? Also, what are Sunday plans?

Thanks!
Late arrivals should go to Yankee Doodle Lake, where the work will be happening. I plan on camping not far from the lake, below Boulder Wagon Road, just south of the new *^$%& gate they put up to convincingly close it.

In the trees' shelter this time. As opposed to last year!

As always, this area tends to be busy and experience high traffic, so plans subject to some minor adjustment depending, but that is the general plan.

There was some talk of a night run on Jenny Creek. That would be worthwhile!

Sunday will involve some sleep after the prior day's success and late night camp antics no doubt. But we will finish the kiosk, and I imagine many will go down Jenny Creek on the way out. I have to take the road, as I will be towing an auger.:( I expect we shan't be that late to leave.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I have the driver from Daniel and will bring the stakes.

BTW, Bill, your list in the first post should say "Romer will bring Romer's generator". :D

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
No Chris you come by and get it and I'll meet yoy there :D

Almost called you to bail. Now that the weather is cooler had windows down and heard horrible squeaking from front axle. Swapped the brake pads out and problem went away. Almost tore into the axle to swap rotors and the rest as well. Still have FPIG were the bolt broke off on my front diff where it was leaking. FPIG is still holding so leave it lie for now.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Let me know if you need to. We could always come by on the way out of town. :rolleyes:

Tch2fly

Rising Sun Member
12- 50lb bags of quick set cement loaded and ready for departure :D

I've never been up to Yankee Doodle or Jenny creek so I hope I don't get lost and end up getting there after all the hard work is done ;)

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Any of the rest of you running 2M radio? We'll have to find a repeater to use. :D

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
If one gallon of water weighs 8.34 Lbs, and I'm hauling 55 gallons = 458.7Lbs of water in the back of my 40. This should be interesting. :rolleyes:

See you all Tomorrow/Saturday. :thumb:

I'll be on CB4 if I get lost on the way up there.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I can't make it up during the day tomorrow.. but still hope to make it up in the evening. I'll try to catch anyone on .310 to see if any supplies are needed, otherwise I'll see y'all in the evening some time. Give me a call if you run out of something, I probably won't leave the house until 5.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
kiosk is loaded up, as is ben's welder. i'll load last minute stuff tomorrow. because i will have to travel up the road slow, i probably won't stop at rollinsville, i'll just head straight up.

btw, sounds like channel 9 is a possible attendee. john was talking to the reporter that rode with him when he did that feat day, so we'll see if we can't get some good publicity going.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Generator is on the camper.

What freq you want to use Chris?

I will probably just head straight up so I can park the camper. I assume we will be in the same area we were last time so the same general camping would work?

I'll check in the am before I head out.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
well -
I spoke with the folks at 9news, y'all might get to be celebs... try not to go nicole ritchie on us bill...

Oh, and they asked if we could possibly wheel our trucks for them for some footage to go with the installation, and shots of the repairs we have already done..

OH - AND OFFICIALLY BE ON CHANNEL 4!!!!!!

for us lame non rf/hf guys...

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Eeeek.
Auger procured, truck loaded, meet at Rollinsville. Pretty hard (not impossible) to get lost. :lmao: