Yankee Doodle Lake Kiosk Installation Party

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I have a Dynabrade 7" pneumatic grinder and 50 grit sanding discs that I would be willing to lend to the project if I get it back sunday afternoon. Any interest?

do you have a grinding wheel or cut off for that? Does it have a 5/8ths arbor?

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I will be there...probably early Saturday...still deciding on camping and how long to stay with the boy. I can bring or tow anything else we need...will just bring myself and tools for now...

T

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
do you have a grinding wheel or cut off for that? Does it have a 5/8ths arbor?

I have all of the crappy grinding wheels that came with my 2 dewalt 7" grinders & you can have em. We usually use 50 and 36 grit 3M paper to shape welds. With enough CFM they do really good, less air and they tend to bog down when in heavy use. Flexible backing plate to allow for a better shaping result. 5/8" sounds right. no cutoff wheels, we use smaller cutoffs at work.

LMK so I can get em to whomever.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Bait
Jeanette and I will be bringing the 8 green posts for stabilizing the kiosk up on Saturday morning. Do we need to be able to drive those in before Daniel gets there Saturday afternoon with the "Sex Machine". If so I can swing by and pick it up from him.

might be a good idea.

Is this like taking my Mojo? Anyway the "tool" is available anytime.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I have a generator, but currently am not planning on being at Jenny Creek. I may go up for the dsay Saturday, depends on what else is going on here.

You can borrow my generator, someone will have to come get it though.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I can come pick it up...when will it be needed over the weekend?

T

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I volunteered in the other thread, but if you can bring the generator, Tim, that's cool. I'm bringing the temporary posts and the post driving tool.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I'm bummed :( I don't think I'll be able to make it. I just came to the realization that since I will be gone all next week on a business trip (yeah it's my first one :eek:) I don't have enough time to get all of this and other stuff I need to get done in before I leave, so unless I get an amazing amount of stuff done Friday then you'll have to count me out. I'm sorry I committed to this and now I'm backing out, I don't normally do that...

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Oh, sure, we let him in the club and now look.

:lmao:

Hey, Matt, just show up for Saturday!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I'm bummed :( I don't think I'll be able to make it. I just came to the realization that since I will be gone all next week on a business trip (yeah it's my first one :eek:) I don't have enough time to get all of this and other stuff I need to get done in before I leave, so unless I get an amazing amount of stuff done Friday then you'll have to count me out. I'm sorry I committed to this and now I'm backing out, I don't normally do that...

Bummer, we're going to be short-handed as it is. :(

Hopefully some others will step up.

60wag

Rising Sun Member

Hey, I've got a business trip next week, a Sunday bbq with the inlaws and I'll going to make Jenny Creek :)

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I'll bring the generator up Saturday morning. I'll try and be there by noon, does that present a problem?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I'll see if I can make it into one... :lmao:

THANKS, Ken! So... do I need to bring the special carrot?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I'll see if I can make it into one... :lmao:

THANKS, Ken! So... do I need to bring the special carrot?

what do you want me to change my mind?

If I decide to camp there, is there still room for my camper where others parked theirs last year?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I do believe we can MAKE room for the Kenster.

Ken-worth camper? Yeah, that works. We'll see if we can scare anyone off who may be camping down in the trees Friday night.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
ken - do we need to bring fuel for the generator? Unleaded? will 5 gal be enough?

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Can someone summarize camping plans and where late arrivals should go? Also, what are Sunday plans?

Thanks!

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I am planning on pulling my camper up to the general area where Tim put his camper up last year.

The trail up above the D ring tow point we put in.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Can someone summarize camping plans and where late arrivals should go? Also, what are Sunday plans?

Thanks!

I'm just going to find a good site somewhere along the trail for camping and then wander up to wherever the group is congregating for evening festivities. Sunday we were going to finish up the kiosk and then do some wheeling on Jenny Creek. :)