Cocarlisle

Rising Sun Member
I just got back from riding Sargents
Was there Thurs Friday Saturday and Sunday
No snow there and great weather
Not the case on Thursday and Friday but it’s gone now
Monarch is dry
Awesome camping down about 8 miles from the town

I think something and maybe I missed it is making sure your suspension is set up for the extra weight

If it’s not your already through the compression stroke before you throw a leg over it

That would help
I’m not familiar with anything above a KTM 530 or so but maybe increase the compression to make sure your using all the travel

Just my .02
Awesome bike by the way

MTSN

Rising Sun Member
I'm thinking about picking up one of these bad boys. I haven't had a bike in a couple years since I shut down the small side rental biz, and I think something fun, cheap and practical like this would be sweet. I have a feeling these won't really depreciate if the Yamaha XT and TW is any indication!

https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/honda-ct125-hunter-cub-teaser-video/

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
Nice. I wonder if I could get the wife to try one. I’m wishing now that I brought a 4ride back with me. I’d like to have one of those too.

nakman

Rising Sun Member
Matt, I think Jason has one of those.. @Cocarlisle not sure if it's for sale though but maybe you could negotiate a test ride. :)

Cocarlisle

Rising Sun Member
I sold it

Not going to lie
They are fun.......
If you are not wanting to go over any bumps larger than 1 inch or want to stop or start quick or be comfortable in any tiding situation
Shifting is funky and they are underpowered for Colorado for sure
I live in Golden and when I rode mine to old town several times I was sooo happy when I got home ......

They are great bikes !
I have owned three however in my opinion I would look at a 1986 XR 200 or XT225 or XR250 or a TW
They are better bikes but lots of them are less expensive and just way more rideable
I replaced mine with a 2019 TW
Much better bikes for any riding situation
The 90s and 110 look awesome sitting in your garage or in the picture above but I guarantee he is thinking .....shoot wish I had a different bike

MTSN

Rising Sun Member
I think this new 2021 version should be more tolerable for power and suspension. Fuel injected 125cc single, disk brakes, full LED lighting, electric and kickstart, stronger frame and suspension, etc. all for under $4k. I have a few inquiries at dealers around Denver to see if there are any available and unallocated, but strangely I haven't heard back from anyone yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the first year they're all sold out since a lot of people will be interested in the updated classic at a great price.

Cocarlisle

Rising Sun Member
I had no idea of the updates for a 2021

That might make a difference for sure but more thought into used bikes
For 2k you could get almost everything listed above in say a DRZ 400 except for fuel injection

That’s a lot of bike for 2k