What have you done to your rig today?

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Not today...

But got a message from one of the guys at Proffitt's. They've been working on the dual ARB compressor install.

Definitely ready to sneak out to the desert next month.

Dual Compressor.jpg

:beer: :beer:

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Not today...

But got a message from one of the guys at Proffitt's. They've been working on the dual ARB compressor install.

Definitely ready to sneak out to the desert next month.

View attachment 93662

:beer: :beer:
Curious if it is just a plate it mounts to that is held down by the battery and not attached by bolts?

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Week ago, I successfully removed the factory rack on my 80. 8/8 of the bolts came out with ease and I was able to get my new rack on. I was stressing a bit about them with all of the stories out there.

I Still need to lower it some, but I’m pretty pleased with it.
8E61FEA1-60FB-4FBE-A552-A6A052E30596.jpeg
D83A03E1-11E1-417F-B558-71B7A1686150.jpeg

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Curious if it is just a plate it mounts to that is held down by the battery and not attached by bolts?

I'll know more when it's done and I can pick it up. But sounds like Proffitt's made a new battery tray to be able to mount the compressor there.

:beer::beer:

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Winched a lifted LR Discovery on swan lake road between Frisco and Keystone on Sunday afternoon. Nice guy with his son in a kids seat in the back. Looks like he was going to run up the forest road to check out the sights but got stuck pretty much right away. Was within reach of my winch line from the berm the plow made at the entrance to the road which was nice.

Tried to peal and re-spool my line today.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Replaced my throttle cable and added a hand throttle as long as I was in there.

Pleasantly surprised how much better the throttle response is.

Attachments

• 20210320_142727.jpg
    20210320_142727.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 133
  • 20210320_142605.jpg
    20210320_142605.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
  • 20210320_125209.jpg
    20210320_125209.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Replaced my throttle cable and added a hand throttle as long as I was in there.

Pleasantly surprised how much better the throttle response is.
sweet! what are the PN's for the hand throttle? I guess I can look it up.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
sweet! what are the PN's for the hand throttle? I guess I can look it up.
I got mine from delta a while back when ordering other parts. Complete OEM kit.

Unfortunately already tossed the bags out so I don't have the PN.

I think some years need to add a bracket to the cable for the pedal. It was already there for my 97.

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Low idle / vibration at idle /mild surging...gone gone gone!

Cleaned throttle body - that brought idle up from 650 to around 700. Still a tiny bit rough but no current or pending codes.

Thought it was an injector but decided to take a spare Denso Coil Pack that I know is genuine/new and started pulling the older coils and trying the new one in place. Idle smoothed even more when I dropped it into #5. I have three original coils left, so I ordered replacements for them. I put new rubber on them about 20k ago, but am noticing that the last three originals are starting to show very mild cracking and felt much hotter than the other coils when I removed them.

It's early but I put new spark plugs in. The old ones were at around 55k. I compared them against the new plugs and everything looked good, but to be honest counterfeit products have gotten so good that my old plugs are in question (the new ones came straight from Denso and I noticed some differences in the old plugs).

Those plugs smoothed out the rest of the stumble, idle buzz is gone, idle is up to 750ish and stable.

Pulling the thread further though I now have isolated a very mild whine noise to the original alternator, and will probably want to replace my tensioner assembly at the same time.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I installed a lift kit on my bosses YJ Saturday and tuned up the ranch rig (TJ) on Sunday.
I've had too much jeep in my life lately.
Parts are coming in for the 4Runner to get her ready for Cruise Moab. I'll be installing new rear control arms and a CB this weekend. Hopefully my skid plate comes in before CM as well.