What have you done to your rig today?

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I added some high power LED projector lights. Need to send more light further out. Ask @DanielChase why. My LED light bar is great but doesn't send it far enough ahead of the vehicle.

I found these projector LEDs: https://amzn.to/3qFdzoK well the ones pictured are round but mine are square. I like square better anyway. They are super bright and send light much further than any of my other lights. They also have a yellow light setting that is angled down for use as a fog light.

dHU04S7.jpg

7s678QT.jpg

47tUHlb.jpg

pjbCio4.jpg

9JWvbEo.jpg

7TpgXLT.jpg

GvsvSK1.jpg
Wait did you order round and square came, or where did you get the square ones?

White Stripe

Hard Core 4+
nice!

stock truck cam?

did you play with fuel and timing?

Was the AFR reading correctly?
Yeah its a stock LM7 but has a black bear tune. I just did a simple pull, i wanted base line numbers of the 5.3. I've been building a 6.0 for a little more towing power up the passes and it's a somewhat custom build. I ported the heads, installed btr cam, and bumped up the compression a tad with some forged pistons. So I'm going to take the 6.0 to the same dyno once installed to see exactly what I've gained over the 5.3. Hopefully it will be a straight forward swap.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Just for the fun of it? Or are you going g to have it tuned or something?
When my neighbor and i tuned it it was in the driveway, so i want it tuned to be running at it's best performance possible/

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
Haha @BritKLR I love the "Private sign. Do not read."

Today I upgraded my battery from the stock 24F to a 27F from good ol'Costco while I wait for the paint on my quarter panels to dry. It weighs 47#, only 6# heavier that stock but significantly more reserve capacity just in case it's needed for snowmagedon.

Allen

20210311_170007.jpg

White Stripe

Hard Core 4+
When my neighbor and i tuned it it was in the driveway, so i want it tuned to be running at it's best performance possible/
I remember you mentioned your truck runs a little hot at idle. Just a heads up in case your interested. I learned the express vans have a larger fan with more blades. I just ordered one to see it it makes a difference.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I remember you mentioned your truck runs a little hot at idle. Just a heads up in case your interested. I learned the express vans have a larger fan with more blades. I just ordered one to see it it makes a difference.
Thanks for the heads up! I'm about to pull the trigger on a aluminum 4 core radiator and a 2 spd fan out of a Lincoln continental

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I bought some decent 1-piece headlight assemblies (DEPO/USR) off eBay last year, and finally got around to replacing them yesterday at my buddy's new shop. They're much cheaper than the OEM option, but they're pretty stout/well-put together, even though they're plastic vs. glass. Also installed the new steel grille I picked up from @r.swany. Still waiting for the 70-series "Toyota" logo to come in, which will look great on the grille.

IMG_4177.JPG

IMG_4179.JPG

r.swany

Rising Sun Member
I bought some decent 1-piece headlight assemblies (DEPO/USR) off eBay last year, and finally got around to replacing them yesterday at my buddy's new shop. They're much cheaper than the OEM option, but they're pretty stout/well-put together, even though they're plastic vs. glass. Also installed the new steel grille I picked up from @r.swany. Still waiting for the 70-series "Toyota" logo to come in, which will look great on the grille.

View attachment 93504
View attachment 93505
Looks amazing!!

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
Friday morning before Bill Burke's trail leader training I added a few extra horsepower to my truck. Some might call them "stickers".

The extra ponies totally helped get new rear bumper up i70. Also happy how the cuts on quarter panels came out with undercoating paint.

Bumper project is done from a wheeling readiness perspective (still needs wiring and a slight relocation of the license frame). But anyway, now it needs proof testing, haha!

Allen

20210312_134936.jpg
20210314_190540.jpg
20210312_121625.jpg

Daytonadogie

Lifted
Yeah its a stock LM7 but has a black bear tune. I just did a simple pull, i wanted base line numbers of the 5.3. I've been building a 6.0 for a little more towing power up the passes and it's a somewhat custom build. I ported the heads, installed btr cam, and bumped up the compression a tad with some forged pistons. So I'm going to take the 6.0 to the same dyno once installed to see exactly what I've gained over the 5.3. Hopefully it will be a straight forward swap.
Nice! Keep us posted. I’m actively looking for a 6.0 to replace my 5.3 right now!